Druw Jones Jr hits with a planted front foot

He hit 2 HR in his HS Playoff double-header the other day.   I was watching the video.   I hope the O's take him with the #1 pick.   But is it weird that he hits with his front foot planted?   There's no leg kick of any kind, nor any stride forward at all...   Are there successful MLB hitters who do this?

There's definitely a shift of his weight but the foot doesn't come up off the ground.  It's pretty interesting- I don't think I've ever seen anyone hit quite like that.   It certainly seems to work for him, but I wonder if it's one of those things that professional pitchers can find a way to exploit in some way...

6 minutes ago, DocJJ said:

There's definitely a shift of his weight but the foot doesn't come up off the ground.  It's pretty interesting- I don't think I've ever seen anyone hit quite like that.   It certainly seems to work for him, but I wonder if it's one of those things that professional pitchers can find a way to exploit in some way...

https://twitter.com/kileymcd/status/1521965614000136194?s=20&t=oy0nrlylJrSqSRWs7pcvUw

Impressive hit.  BUT a good friend of mine who lives in the area said Druw has been feasting on terrible pitching all year.   His team does not play elite competition so you have to look at his showcase tournament play.  He acquitted himself quite nicely in tournament play too, so I'm not too concerned....

2 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Are you watching the same thing I'm watching.  His front foot does indeed come off the ground and go back down.

I watched all 3 video clips.  All the same.  The foot comes up and back down.

Yeah that’s what I see too. It’s a straight up and down. He doesn’t stride forward, but his front foot is already out so far. 

On 6/17/2022 at 2:20 PM, DocJJ said:

On the slow motion clip, his front foot actually stays on the ground and doesn't come up at all!

You might need to have your eyes examined. Or maybe I do. But I'm pretty sure my eyes are fine 😄

He's clearly lifting his foot up in every single clip. Not sure if we're looking for different things.

• Upvote 1