Bullpen has been excellent.

DocJJ

On 7/2/2022 at 7:52 PM, Bahama O's Fan said:

Maybe he just doesn't want to leave, to be traded.😁

And would like to rest during the A-S game rather than get sucked up in all that stuff and have to throw to some elite hitters.

I almost always hope that the Orioles selected for the A-S game include as few pitchers as possible, ideally none. The extra work can't do them any good. 

1 minute ago, SilverRocket said:

The bullpen just looks tired. I feel like they need to do some shuttling especially with Watkins scheduled for tomorrow.

I know someone at Norfolk who is on regular rest and could go about four innings and piggyback Watkins.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SilverRocket said:

The bullpen just looks tired. I feel like they need to do some shuttling especially with Watkins scheduled for tomorrow.

Before this game the pen had been fine except Lopez.   I do agree though they will need fresh arm.  I think Vespa goes down and they bring up guy to give them length tomorrow.

2 hours ago, oldfan said:

They will break, just look at Tampa, most of their pen from the last couple of years are on the IL. Got to find a way to get starters to go seven innings.

That's not happening unless you go back to 1990.  I always wanted at least a couple starters who could go late into games.  I don’t think a single starter in the league has averaged 7 innings per game this year.

9 hours ago, SilverRocket said:

This is where the 13 pitcher limit is hurting us. We’ve been riding the bullpen hard the last few weeks especially. Voth was supposed to be our long man/innings eater. I’m thinking Vespi down for one of Baumann or Diplan. Regardless of performance we could send down Watkins today and have Matt Harvey or Vallimont make that next start in the rotation. In the meantime we could carry an extra reliever. 

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

This is where the 13 pitcher limit is hurting us. We’ve been riding the bullpen hard the last few weeks especially. Voth was supposed to be our long man/innings eater. I’m thinking Vespi down for one of Baumann or Diplan. Regardless of performance we could send down Watkins today and have Matt Harvey or Vallimont make that next start in the rotation. In the meantime we could carry an extra reliever. 

If 13 pitchers and the ability to shuttle guys to and from the minors aren't enough the issue isn't the limit.

• Upvote 1