O’s lineup, one year from today.

jdwilde1

In light of today’s promotions, why not dream a little?  So, what are you hoping the O’s lineup looks like on June 27, 2023?  This is what am hoping for (I know it’s very optimistic, but so what):

1. Mullins (L), CF

2. Hays (R), LF

3. Henderson (L), SS 

4. Rutschman (S), C

5. Mountcastle (R), 1B

6. Kjerstad (L), DH

7. Westburg (R), 2B

8. Stowers (L), RF

9. Mayo (R), 3B

Pitching- Grayson Rodriguez (R)

Just now, UMDTerrapins said:

Sure, I’d like to see that. Would mean a lot of things went right. I think it’s more likely we see Vavra at 2B, Westburg at 3B, and Santander at DH. Maybe Diaz at DH if Santander is traded. Can’t see Kjerstad make that much of a jump. Nor Mayo. 

Yeah, no question about Mayo and Kjerstad being the most unlikely.  Admittedly, this is me being a fan, rather than saying what I think is most likely. With that said, Mayo has more than a 1/2 season to mash at Bowie this year, so a mid-season call up in 2023 is not out of the question.  Also, I believe Kjerstad will be fast-tracked as long as he hits given his age.  I am hoping he is at Bowie by August.  Fingers crossed he continues to hit and stays healthy.

34 minutes ago, jdwilde1 said:

In light of today’s promotions, why not dream a little?  So, what are you hoping the O’s lineup looks like on June 27, 2023?  This is what am hoping for (I know it’s very optimistic, but so what):

1. Mullins (L), CF

2. Hays (R), LF

3. Henderson (L), SS 

4. Rutschman (S), C

5. Mountcastle (R), 1B

6. Kjerstad (L), DH

7. Westburg (R), 2B

8. Stowers (L), RF

9. Mayo (R), 3B

Completely homegrown.

• Upvote 1

1. Mullins  CF

2. Rutschman C

3. Hays LF

4. Mountcastle 1B

5. Henderson SS

6. Some free agent who mashes lefties, DH

7. Stowers RF

8. Westburg 3B

9. Urias 2B

Mateo is the super sub.  I kept Urias at 2B because I'm doubtful if Mayo will be ready that soon.  I guess Vavra could be plugged in at 2B or DH. 

2 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

1. Mullins  CF

2. Rutschman C

3. Hays LF

4. Mountcastle 1B

5. Henderson SS

7. Stowers RF

8. Westburg 3B

9. Urias 2B

Mateo is the super sub.  I kept Urias at 2B because I'm doubtful if Mayo will be ready that soon.  I guess Vavra could be plugged in at 2B or DH. 

I like it.  It would be a nice lineup with Santander in the 6 spot too.

7 hours ago, jdwilde1 said:

1. Mullins (L), CF

2. Hays (R), LF

3. Henderson (L), SS 

4. Rutschman (S), C

5. Mountcastle (R), 1B

6. Kjerstad (L), DH

7. Westburg (R), 2B

8. Stowers (L), RF

9. Mayo (R), 3B

Trade Hays or Mullins for a top 100 MLB pitcher, say Eury Perez. Then you've got this lineup with Vavra or Cowser instead of Hays/Mullins, and a rotation of Grayson, Means, Eury Perez, Wells, and Hall (with Kremer and Akin for injuries). I could really see us winning some games with that lineup and rotation. 

10 hours ago, jdwilde1 said:

1. Mullins (L), CF

2. Hays (R), LF

3. Henderson (L), SS 

4. Rutschman (S), C

5. Mountcastle (R), 1B

6. Kjerstad (L), DH

7. Westburg (R), 2B

8. Stowers (L), RF

9. Mayo (R), 3B

I'd have Henderson #2 and Rutschman #3. Hays cleanup, Mountcastle #5. Have our best OBP guys in the 2 and 3 spots.

12 hours ago, oriole said:

I think Mayo and Kjsterstad is a little more than dreaming. They’re 2024+ pieces, maybe September call ups next year and if they play well and stay healthy. 

Mayo is in AA now.  Kjerstad will start next year in AA in all likelihood. 

It’s not out of the question they are in the lineup a year from now.  Health and performance will dictate that but if healthy and performing at a high level, it’s very possible, if not likely, that they are here by this point.

13 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

1. Mullins  CF

2. Rutschman C

3. Hays LF

4. Mountcastle 1B

5. Henderson SS

7. Stowers RF

8. Westburg 3B

9. Urias 2B

This but with Santander in the DH role. Really we’ll just rotate guys, through our DH. With AR, you really don’t want to spend a ton on a DH.