Thursday, July 7: Angels in town for 4 games

SteveA

22 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

While i really don't want to trade him, what could we realistically expect in return for trading Mancini?

He has mashed all year and gotten really unlucky, between the LF wall and just hitting to the long parts of the other parks. Statcast has his expected OPS more in the .900 range. I think he has real value.

They'd have to shove everyone else around but I would enjoy giving Lyles next Tuesday-Sunday and the Friday 2nd Half opener after the ASB.     Let him do what he came here to do.    Why Not?

Flanny and McGregor I remember preferring the 4-man around the infancy of the 5-man because they felt the more work helped keep their location sharp.

I never really understand the mindset where managers send starting pitchers out to the mound to start an inning and then pull them as soon as someone reaches base. Sure you'd like to steal another inning from your starter with your bullpen stretched thin, but given that you have to have your reliever warm and throwing either way, I'm sure he'd just as soon come in with the bases empty.

• Upvote 1