2022 Draft Tracker

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

There's a reason no one drafted Walters top 6-10 rounds.   He wants to go back to school and play with his brother.  He must have a number and maybe another year of school and one year of playing with his brother is worth more than 400K to him.   Just saying.    I think both Young and Walters were drafted in case Showalter backed out or failed his physical.

Oh I didn’t know about his brother. That’s a compelling reason. Maybe not logical, but everything doesn’t have to be. 

7 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Is there any advantage to going under $125k for rounds 11-20?  Or is the full slot charged whether or not the club spends it?  Say 18th round pick signs for $25k is that extra $100k to go overslot or it doesn't count towards overslot?

Doesn't count toward overslot. Advantage is you save money

3 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Ok.  That's much lower than I was expecting.  I thought it would be at least 800K.   My bad.

Obviously, a lot depends on McLean but this would make me think that Walters might still be in play.

30 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Ok.  That's much lower than I was expecting.  I thought it would be at least 800K.   My bad.

Obviously, a lot depends on McLean but this would make me think that Walters might still be in play.

Yes me too was thinking way more based on werythkng said. You’d think Walters is in play, I’m surprised Young wasn’t he must not have gotten an offer or they didn’t want to give him much.

Pretty surprising. Good news!

That gives the O’s just over $2M left in slot money (at 105%). Add $125k for every 11th-20th round signee.

I don’t know what the holdup with McLean is. But O’s could now throw $1M at McLean (slot: $794k) and Walters each if they want. 

Edited by brvn52
Typo

I am no draft expert but it seems like some negotiations must not have gone as planned? Elias has signed everyone he has drafted in Baltimore going into this draft.  Young, Walters, Malthes have all said they are going back to school and Mclean still isn't signed.  I wonder if someone gave them a number (Mclean maybe?) then after being drafted changed it?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

I am no draft expert but it seems like some negotiations must not have gone as planned? Elias has signed everyone he has drafted in Baltimore going into this draft.  Young, Walters, Malthes have all said they are going back to school and Mclean still isn't signed.  I wonder if someone gave them a number (Mclean maybe?) then after being drafted changed it?

Unless McLean said he’d sign for underslot, that shouldn’t be the case. If they assumed McLean would sign for slot - or anything overslot - then not signing him wouldn’t hurt our remaining slot money for late round underslot guys. 

I think the O’s finished their draft expecting that it was highly unlikely they’d sign everybody and knowing they’d have to go overslot to grab a few of the last signees and make some choices.   We’ll see where we are when the dust settles today.