Rutschman vs Witt

Filmstudy

10 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Fantastic. Thank you for the insightful commentary.  Corn is serious.  He would rather have the feeling that Elias service time strategy backfired on him than to get an extra year of control of Rutschman.  That’s not sarcastic. It’s dead on, 100% true. 

And now you're turning your aim to me. Love it. You're one of the most insightful posters on this board. But sometimes your skin can seem as thin as toilet paper. 

• 11 months later...
1 minute ago, btdart20 said:

Random bump... 

I'll take the guy harder to replace in-house who happens to have a .050 higher OBP.  We've got a glut of SS capable players.  But no C's are ready.

Just saw some stuff about Witt and made me think about it.

He has been on another level the last 6 weeks or so.

He has made a tremendous jump defensively this year. 

Edited by Sports Guy

8 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

FWAR in 2023:

Witt: 4.6

Adley: 2.9

I’ll take Adley + Gunnar all day, every day.  Drafting Witt would have been a mistake in hindsight even with his solid performance this year, next year, and the year after, and the year after.   

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Just saw some stuff about Witt and made me think about it.

He has been on another level the last 6 weeks or so.

He has made a tremendous jump defensively this year. 

No doubt.  He’s killing it.  He did get a hometown HR on an E9 the other day, though.  

1 minute ago, emmett16 said:

I’ll take Adley + Gunnar all day, every day.  Drafting Witt would have been a mistake in hindsight even with his solid performance this year, next year, and the year after, and the year after.   

What about Witt and Gunnar?  SS and third.

You could still even have Holliday and move one of them to second.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, emmett16 said:

No doubt.  He’s killing it.  He did get a hometown HR on an E9 the other day, though.  

I tend to think all in-the-park HRs are on some type of fielding mistake.  Maybe not an error in the technical sense.  But are they any legit round trippers that aren't the result of a bad read, a bad hope, etc...?

• Upvote 1

I was expecting a bump of this thread from Sports Guy now that Witt has turned his year around.  I'm still happy the O's took Adley.  I think Adley is figuring things out at the plate.  When he first came up, he would just sit there and watch strikes go by.  Then he would swing at strikes, but never a first pitch.  Lately, he's gotten a lot of hard hits and HR on first pitches.  When Adley gets his ideal swing/approach figured out, he'll be a monster at the plate.