Monday August 1: Orioles visit Texas

SteveA

Interesting to hear Palmer mention the perspective from the booth. Makes you realize that the announcers haven't been on the road in several years, and it takes time to adjust to new stadiums, especially if you've never been in the booth there before 

38 minutes ago, FlaO'sFan said:

I was a student at Georgia Tech when Auburn came to town in 1985. Bo warmed up right in front of me, not 15 feet away from my seats in the 2nd row of the student section. I was in awe, seriously. Best athlete I have ever seen in person in my life. I also saw him crush a ball out of the GT baseball stadium that left the entire stands in stunned silence. 

He was a monster. So sorry that the NFL injury (on a routine running play!) completely derailed his career

13 minutes ago, orioles22 said:

I love the 3-inning save. Let Akin finish the game and give everyone else a day of rest.

He's only thrown 27 pitches during the two innings and so it should be doable. Plus next four Rangers hitters are lefty, righty, switch, and lefty.

56 minutes ago, FlaO'sFan said:

I was a student at Georgia Tech when Auburn came to town in 1985. Bo warmed up right in front of me, not 15 feet away from my seats in the 2nd row of the student section. I was in awe, seriously. Best athlete I have ever seen in person in my life. I also saw him crush a ball out of the GT baseball stadium that left the entire stands in stunned silence. 

I saw him hit a ball completely out of Memorial Stadium in batting practice.  Something only Frank Robinson ever did in a game .