Bowie’s second half playoff drive

Frobby

Bowie is crushing Erie so far tonight 8-1 bottom 6.  Erie with some questionable D again.  Bowie has pounded out 12 hits.  Prieto, Mayo, and Roberts all have two hits.  The only guy in line-up without a hit yet tonight........Norby lol.  He'll get another shot, though, it looks like.  

Update: 15-2 bot 8 a lot more hits for Bowie and a couple more errors for Erie.  

Edited by emmett16

5 hours ago, Frobby said:

Erie 3, Bowie 2 in game three of their face-off.  As I said after game two, a one-run loss counts as much as their 15-5 win, so that hurts.   Now one game up on Erie with three games left in this series, 15 in the season. 

Erie kicked the ball all over the field again (3 errors) but Bowie couldn’t capitalize.  

Day games both today (400) and tomorrow (130) as the divison leaders finish up.

Sounds like the Baysox will have their Grayson ringer for 50-ish pitches when they are home Tuesday.     Next Sunday is the Baysox final regular season home game and Fan Appreciation Day, and Norfolk is out in Memphis.

I am guessing rehab Grayson don't do road games.    After next Sunday, Norfolk home the following week when on every 5 days schedule he'd throw Friday 9/16.

I hope three strong appearances earns him consideration for wrapping up the Tigers at OPACY series on Wednesday 9/21.

The Bowie-Erie series ended in a 3-3 draw, with Erie winning yesterday 5-4 in the bottom of the 9th after Coby Mayo had hit a homer to tie it in the top of the frame.  The schedules are pretty equivalent from here, with both teams playing Richmond (first us, then Erie) while Bowie gets Akron (31-26) and Erie gets Altoona (30-26).   Gotta make hay this week against the weak Richmond team (19-37) at home.

• Upvote 1

Despite mediocre results so far this week against a Richmond team with a subpar record, noticed this morning the Baysox have nonetheless opened a 1 game lead on Erie, entering Sunday and presumably another dose of Grayson if the weather lets him pitch.

3rd place Akron has had a good week to close within 3 games of Bowie, and has them on their home field for the last week of the second half next week.     Tuesday's opener of that series I noticed an odd 11am gametime.

Both Bowie and Erie went 2-4 last week, setting up a four-way race going into the final week.

Bowie 38-25

Erie 38-25

Akron 36-27

Altoona 34-28

Bowie faces Akron this week, while Erie faces Richmond (23-39) and Altoona plays Reading 30-33).   Bowie’s fate is in its own hands, but the job became tougher by Bowie losing 4 of 6 to a Richmond team that’s struggled in the second half.  

45 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Bowie has had a lot of late innings losses at home where there is at least always one reliever who gives the game away.

No joke.  Their bullpen is awful.  
31 saves, 21 blown saves.  A lot of the blown saves have involved giving up multiple run leads.  

Edited by Frobby

The Tuesday 1100am opener features the Orioles trademark "TBD" against Gavin Williams, one of the top pitching prospects in the Minors, and Connor Norby's college teammate at East Carolina.

I first saw both Norby and Williams in the CWS against the famous Leiter-Rocker (Carter Young?) Vanderbilt teams, I believe Super Regionals round.

Last week the Baysox rotation was Povich following Grayson, then Armbruester, Stallings (piggybacked by Denoyer), McDermott and Hanifee.

A good test for Povich if he gets the ball.

• Upvote 2