Lamet DFA'ed by Brewers

OriolesMagic83

Could someone clarify whether we could trade for him, or whether the only hope is putting in a waiver claim and hoping we get him?

If the latter, would he have to pass through the entire NL before we might get a shot?  And is the order based on current record or last year's record?  

I'd love to see what our pitching coaches could do with him.  He was a high end young starter just a couple of years ago.  

23 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

Could someone clarify whether we could trade for him, or whether the only hope is putting in a waiver claim and hoping we get him?

If the latter, would he have to pass through the entire NL before we might get a shot?  And is the order based on current record or last year's record?  

I'd love to see what our pitching coaches could do with him.  He was a high end young starter just a couple of years ago.  

https://www.bleachernation.com/cubs/2022/08/04/the-mlb-trade-deadline-has-passed-but-yes-some-players-can-still-be-moved-or-traded/

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I would probably trade Kjerstad for Woo, not sure about Miller.  Seattle fan on MLB traderumors wanted Basallo and Mayo in return for Miller.  Just showing Hometown bias.
    • Gotta say I was pretty disappointed in his postgame interview.  I must have been watching a different game, or don't know how to assess a good or bad pitching performance.  "Issues with your command tonight? No, all my pitches were in or around the zone."  The new splitter was lights out last time, apparently.  I did look it up this morning and he absolutely has his lowest BAA (.125) with that pitch.  So AR was calling for it a LOT in the first few innings, it seemed, and it would fly way up out of the zone and no one was fooled.  Over and over.  He kept throwing it anyway.   It did seemingly induce the weak contact it was purported to - good lord the number of soft hits, either in the IF or short OF - but the defense couldn't handle weak contact, it seemed.  This could be a really good outing for learning lots of things about his approach and use of his split-finger fastball and how the team can be better prepared for it next time out.   All this being said, I may not know what the heck I'm talking about, either. 😎
    • Hays when healthy, You said your self, because when hes not healthy( which is a lot) hes worth nothing. Youre not getting Miller for this crap package
    • I'm not sure there's much differentiation in the organization's rankings of Mayo, Holliday and Basallo. They're lumped together and I wouldn't be surprised if you told me Elias and Sig prefer Mayo or Basallo (or both) to Holliday. That said, I WOULD be surprised if you told me they view him significantly lower. The fact that Henderson and Westburg have proven themselves as All-Star level infielders (including defensively) minimizes the need for a SS type prospect over a bigger slugger with a much more limited defensive profile.  Holliday is more the 5-tool type player amongst the three, but the bat is likely superior--or at least as good--in the other two. If the industry perception allows Holliday to net more (or require fewer other pieces in a huge deal, then it may make sense to move on from him.  All said, I'm adamantly against moving any of those three UNLESS the name Skubal is included. 
    • Lastly, I've got the team ERA at 2.86 in the month of May. 236 IP and 75 earned runs allowed.  Maybe my calculations are a little off? But not by too much I wouldn't believe.
    • Yeah it feels like there is starting to be some smoke around Holliday, in terms of how the organization views him. There are enough yellow flags in his batting profile that I think they would consider moving him in the right deal.  Still rate it as highly unlikely though since he's so young and it would take a rare blockbuster. 
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now