When this season started I was happy with .500

Baltimorecuse

I would still be happy with 82-80 honestly.  Yes that would mean somewhat of a 'collapse' but I don't see how its fair to look at it that way.  82 wins is 30 more than last year, which is amazing.

Of course I want more - and I've actually come to believe they can do it! -  but I won't walk away from the season looking at it as a disappointment if they wind up at 82.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fiver6565 said:

I would still be happy with 82-80 honestly.  Yes that would mean somewhat of a 'collapse' but I don't see how its fair to look at it that way.  82 wins is 30 more than last year, which is amazing.

Of course I want more - and I've actually come to believe they can do it! -  but I won't walk away from the season looking at it as a disappointment if they wind up at 82.

I was expecting another 100ish loss season, so I would have to consider anything in the neighborhood of .500 to be a MASSIVE success, even if they "collapse" to like 78-84. 

VERY excited to watch the next few seasons unfold, should be a lot of fun if this year is anything to go by.

I am on record as being pretty optimistic in March and April...haha.  I saw the Orioles winning 67 with a whopping 15 game improvement hoping that would set us up for .500 next year.  

The Orioles are 58-52 going into tonights game with Toronto and the Orioles are .5 games out of a wildcard spot going into tonight.

The Orioles are playing .600 ball since Adley came up and .527 for the season.  I am going to wait until this is finished, but lets just say I am in the neighborhood of very impressed.

When the season started I had zero hope to not lose 100 games again.  I honestly was already debating if we were going to suck would I be happier if they sucked totally and got the number one pick again.  When the season started and we were 7-14 I was certain it was going to be another 100 game loss.

I will say that this season is so much more fun than hoping for the top draft pick.  Now I am getting greedy and want to see us sneak into the playoffs.   The 2012 season is proof we can do it if we get lucky enough.   

1 hour ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I thought 70 wins was the absolute upside.  I would have been happy to just avoid 100 losses.

This too was my best case scenario before the season started reaching 70 to 75 wins. There's still two months left, but barring some catastrophic collapse this team is far exceeding most everyone's expectations. 

2 hours ago, spleen1015 said:

I was hoping for 70ish wins where the young guys get some time in the majors. I hope to see some more of the youth in the majors this year.

I've really enjoying the last 2 or so months. It has been a lot of fun.

14 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

I was feeling super-optimistic that, with call-ups of Rutschman, Bradish, Rodriguez and Hall, maybe the team could play close to .500 ball for the 2nd half of the season.

This is basically where I was heading into the season.  It's been great to see the competition even with "only" Adley producing in Baltimore.  And I'm a guy who thinks Rodriguez will be a bigger impact than Adley (and glad Adley is proving that a hard case to make).  And I'm hopeful that we see those guys mentioned plus Gunnar and Stowers before the end of August.  I really belive the best is yet to come!

I didn't want to lose 100 games.  I think I would have been thrilled at 70+ wins.  

Any way you cut it, it doesn't matter.  Even if the bottom falls out over these last two months there's reasons to be excited moving forward.  In years from now, we'll point at 2022 as the season it all started to turn around and that the plan was coming together.

• Upvote 1