Sunday August 21: vs Red Sox in Williamsport

SteveA

4 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I know this is the Little League Classic, but this is how I feel about ESPN talking to the little league players all game.

b8qf576v9nq71.jpg?auto=webp&s=2082491cca

I don’t mind it but I do mind in the 8th inning if you know what I mean? If it’s a blowout go ahead. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• No resting on our laurels: Tampa: “Once again one of the very best systems in baseball, the Rays have a high-end combination of big time impact talent at the very top of their org to go with overall depth.”  (1 60, 3 55, 49 at 35+) Boston: “This is perhaps the deepest system in all of baseball, and one of the best.” (1 55, 4 50, 47 at 35+) New York: “This system is healthy (that’s a formidable group of 50s up top) and exciting.” (1 55, 5 50, 36 at 35+) The O’s still have the upper hand, with 1 70, 1 60, 2 55 and 1 50, 45 at 35+.   Two of our top guys listed have graduated or will graduate this season.
    • I respect your opinion, but there is no other reason to have Urias over Mayo right now.  I guess we could get creative and keep Urias till September by option Cowser to get Mayo up here. Or we could go with a short bullpen and rotate fresh arms in the 7th pen spot. 
    • Luis Gonzalez is on a MiL deal but I think he has a good shot to be added to the 40 man rather than going back to minor league free agency. His AAA numbers are very good and he could be the replacement Vespi up/down lefty. He’ll have all 3 options. Only impediment may be that Krook will still have an option next year and McHough could be added instead, and maybe they’ll want to keep one or both of them and feel that makes Gonzalez redundant.  But Gonzalez has definitely out pitched both. 
    • At this time last year, Holliday was still in Aberdeen on his way to a .940 OPS.   He didn’t get promoted to Bowie until July 14, so your comparison is a bit premature.  🙂   Maybe Basallo’s .894 OPS in June and 1.053 OPS so far in July is a better comp?
    • Pls stop with the crusade and ignorance against advanced stats.  During MASN interview earlier this season, Drew French said he pays ZERO attention to ERA and instead prefers FIP.
    • I was very excited by Cunningham given the tools but he’s looking like a non-prospect, he is the biggest disappointment for me. EBJ may not shoot through the minors like our recent high college hitter picks but it hasn’t been all bad. Exactly 100 wRC+ as a 22 year old speed/defense CF in A+ ball. It’s more of the same from his short debut last year with good K/BB rates, and the power hasn’t been terrible relative to expectations, hovering around .100 ISO all year. He just has a much lower BABIP than you would expect for a super fast guy in the low minors, and that’s not a great sign for his line drive contact quality but not a big red flag quite yet. Especially with Cowser showing so well defensively there is no reason to rush EBJ. But I wouldn’t be surprised to see him in a trade since he likely still has good trade value and is definitely one of the highest profile position players in the second tier of the system where they’re most likely to deal from. 
    • He has in the last month but didn’t he have a long streak of no errors?   He’s not an elite fielder but, in the long run, I think he’s solid at 2B or 3B, although the eye test says he looks a little better at 3B.
  • Popular Contributors