Non-Pitching Spending

Bahama O's Fan

44 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Yes..most.  Not all.  GRod isn’t even part of this staff, yet you mentioned him?  

You talked about players we would be relying on next year.  He’s one of them.   You give up on guys pretty quick so it’s no surprise you call guys who are 26-27 guys with failed careers.   If you were in charge there would be no Mullins, Kremer, or Mateo for sure.  They and others would be given up on before they ever got a second chance.

11 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

You talked about players we would be relying on next year.  He’s one of them.   You give up on guys pretty quick so it’s no surprise you call guys who are 26-27 guys with failed careers.   If you were in charge there would be no Mullins, Kremer, or Mateo for sure.  They and others would be given up on before they ever got a second chance.

No, I was talking about relying on current members of the team for next year.

And the second part of what you say isn't true but I will say that I would not usually be relying on guys that are failures to all of a sudden turn good.  I do agree with that.  Now, when you are tanking, you give those guys a chance.  That's fine.  But when you are trying to win, you can't have a bunch of those guys on your team.  

The thing is, you need those cheap players, so I would always be looking for them but yes, most of the cheap players I would have would be coming from the minors and they would be younger with better MiL track records.

This team needs A LOT more talent.

• Upvote 1