Saturday Sept 24th vs the Astros (Brooks Robinson day)

OsFanSinceThe80s

You know, I wasn't really in favor of banning the shift next year.  I just felt it was kind of stupid.  While other sports have defined rules about where you can and can't stand (line of scrimmage in football, the amount of people allowed on the line in football, 3 seconds in the paint in basketball), you don't see those sports all of a sudden changing rules that have been in place for decades. 

That said, after thinking about it for the past couple of weeks and taking note of balls that have been ripped into the shift and would probably be hits next year, I'm in favor of it.  Actually, I can't wait for it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

Crowd is lame tonight. Park should have been rocking there with Adley up. 

Isn’t it odd? The last two games I was at were both like that. Just dead. I think it’s the PA people/person, completely detached from what’s going on so not leading the crowd well. Could also be why the Fired Up guy has been such a hit. 

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

You know, I wasn't really in favor of banning the shift next year.  I just felt it was kind of stupid.  While other sports have defined rules about where you can and can't stand (line of scrimmage in football, the amount of people allowed on the line in football, 3 seconds in the paint in basketball), you don't see those sports all of a sudden changing rules that have been in place for decades. 

That said, after thinking about it for the past couple of weeks and taking note of balls that have been ripped into the shift and would probably be hits next year, I'm in favor of it.  Actually, I can't wait for it.

NBA changed the position on defense about 10 years ago when you had to play man to man or you would get called for illegal defense.  Now they can play zone defense or Box in one.  

2 minutes ago, justD said:

Isn’t it odd? The last two games I was at were both like that. Just dead. I think it’s the PA people/person, completely detached from what’s going on so not leading the crowd well. Could also be why the Fired Up guy has been such a hit. 

He's gonna have a bobblehead night someday. Book it.