Saturday Sept 24th vs the Astros (Brooks Robinson day)

OsFanSinceThe80s

9 minutes ago, dystopia said:

This is mostly on Hyde for yanking his starter after 58 pitches and making his closer who was JUST sidelined a week ago for arm fatigue throw over 30 pitches and get a 5 out save.

If he had managed the 'pen better from the get go, he never would have put himself in that 

His starter who had pitched 10 games in majors this year with 1 start.   If he left him in and he gave up the lead half people would be saying he left him in to long.  Baumann is only starting as a spot starter not like he pulled Lyles or Kremer.

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Pen was off for once. 

I know, and they do spoil us.  And we should not need to score 12 runs to win a game.  However the bases loaded none out and not scoring.  And then the missed relay throw that would have nailed them and prevented the run.  And more... It hurts.  And I am proud of this team even so.  Hopefully we can win tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

His starter who had pitched 10 games in majors this year with 1 start.   If he left him in and he gave up the lead half people would be saying he left him in to long.  Baumann is only starting as a spot starter not like he pulled Lyles or Kremer.

Completely agree. I expected a bullpen game from the start 

11 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

I would have tried to squeeze one more inning out of him but maybe the bigger issue was not using Akin. He should have been the guy to bridge the middle innings. Maybe that blows up in his face too but Akin is more of a long guy than Krehbiel and the move would have made more sense. Bottom line though, when you have the entire bullpen at your disposal there’s no excuse to be in a situation where you’re asking your closer to get 5 outs. 

10 hours ago, dystopia said:

...when you have the entire bullpen at your disposal there’s no excuse to be in a situation where you’re asking your closer to get 5 outs. 

This.

I mean, here's what Tucker had to say:

"Try and get a hit,” Tucker said of his approach against Bautista. “He has a good fastball, good splitter. I think it kind of helped that I saw him [in an] at-bat the inning before.

• Upvote 1