1. 1. Who are the Orioles 2022 # 19 and #20 prospects

• #19 - Baumler #20 - Rom
    • #19 - Baumler #20 - Braylin Tavera
    • #19 - McDermott #20 Rom
    • #19 Young #20 Estrada
    • #19 Young # 20 Denoyer

This poll is closed to new votes

Still good prospects on the list.

For me, I'd rank Baumler higher than this. Great talent. High risk. But I'd rather have his upside than a lot of what's in the system, even with a great system.

I go Baumler and Rom here. Rom is still young and has a future in the bigs, I think. I still think there's upside, but maybe that's orange colored glasses.

I went Baumler - Tavera but I’m not very confident about it.  Tony seems to be very skeptical about Rom, so I eliminated those two choices.  Also, I thought “Young” meant Brandon Young, who had a nice start at Bowie, then TJ surgery.  Having him at 19 seemed like a stretch.  After voting, I realized this was Carter Young, not Brandon.   Oh well.   

13 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I went Baumler - Tavera but I’m not very confident about it.  Tony seems to be very skeptical about Rom, so I eliminated those two choices.  Also, I thought “Young” meant Brandon Young, who had a nice start at Bowie, then TJ surgery.  Having him at 19 seemed like a stretch.  After voting, I realized this was Carter Young, not Brandon.   Oh well.   

If you have to guess which Young is in our top 20 it's probably not either. I had to Google both of them. As a 17th round pick this would seem to be high for Carter too. 

4 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

If you have to guess which Young is in our top 20 it's probably not either. I had to Google both of them. As a 17th round pick this would seem to be high for Carter too. 

Well, he received a $1.3 mm bonus, so don’t be deceived by the round in which he was chosen.  He’s a high risk, high reward guy who slipped in the draft due to signability issues.  

27 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Sorry, that was my fault. I've been trying to remember to add first names for guys that could be confused, but yeah, this is Braylin Tavera.

This is just the fun part of the list anyways (really starting with the last two). These guys can get mixed around pretty easy from here and you can build cases, at least through 25.

I'm in the group that is picking Baumler to be in the top-20. And given the lower upside for Rom, I went Tavera. Baulmer is the high-upside, low-floor guy given the injuries. But if he can stay on the field and pitch, he could end up being better than a number of guys ahead of him on this list. That said, 19 feels like a good spot for him, balancing the risk/reward profile. 

I went Baumler/Rom here but I'm 0 for the 11-20 picks so far.   Tony isn't very high on Rom at all so he still might not be here.  Baumler seems a good bet based on talent but the huge injury/durability cloud hangs over his head.

Baumler/Tavera would be a nice upside combination here.    I like Chayce McDermott and his career minor league numbers of 200 strikeouts in 125 innings.

48 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Sorry, that was my fault. I've been trying to remember to add first names for guys that could be confused, but yeah, this is Braylin Tavera.

This is just the fun part of the list anyways (really starting with the last two). These guys can get mixed around pretty easy from here and you can build cases, at least through 25.

My brain still goes to Carlos Tavera as first Tavera.    Could actually be fun at this point of the list to compare the Youngs and the Taveras Family Feud-style.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

If you have to google any names on this list you haven't been spending enough time on the minor league board this year. ;) 

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Well, he received a $1.3 mm bonus, so don’t be deceived by the round in which he was chosen.  He’s a high risk, high reward guy who slipped in the draft due to signability issues.  

Yes, $1.325 million bonus and was considered in some preseason mocks a top ten pick overall before his disastrous junior year at the plate. 

I really don't know what to make of the bat yet, but there is tools and talent here and the defense is reportedly legitimate stick at SS defense. 

33 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

My brain still goes to Carlos Tavera as first Tavera.    Could actually be fun at this point of the list to compare the Youngs and the Taveras Family Feud-style.

We had at least two of the following in 2022: Cruz, DeLeon, De Los Santos, Gonzalez, Guerrero,  Hall, Hernandez (3), Martinez (3), Pena, Ramirez (3), Rodriguez (5), Tavera, Tejada, Vasquez (3), Wells, Young.  I’m sure I missed some.  You could probably make a pretty good game of throwing out about 50 first name/last name combinations with these last names and asking posters to say which names actually were players in our organization.