Orioles sign Adam Frazier

eddie83

23 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Urias to Marlins for who?  Or package obviously.  

They don't really need him with Chisolm, Wendle, and Berti. Probably not a fit and I don't think Urias has much trade value (IMO). 

The Marlins need OF help. If we're interested in any of their SPs I think it's going to take us offering one to pry away a SP.  Something centered around Mullins/Lopez, Santander/Rogers, or Cowser/Luzardo or E.Cabrera. 

1 minute ago, interloper said:

Off-season isn't over, but so far it looks like they're running it back with Fancy Odor and Fancy Lyles. 

Add in Wacha and that's this year's main upgrade (other than full season Adley/Gunnar, and Grayson). 

Not suuuper inspiring. But also doesn't really hurt you anywhere. Again, I tend to think this is the FO getting another look at the squad, holding their cards, and then swinging deals at the deadline for a playoff push. 

I tend to agree. I think the FO isn't entirely convinced this team is a playoff contender this year and think last year was a bit of a fluke. I think this is the year he expected to take the step forward but it happened a year early but they're not quite ready to play into that. 

That said, I hope you are right about swinging deals at the deadline if they are in fact in it rather than trading away. It made sense last year as they were a bit of a surprise, but if they show well in the first half, I think it's a good indication that the team is ready to go. That said, the offseason has me skeptical of this front office really making any sort of push. 

3 minutes ago, interloper said:

Not suuuper inspiring. But also doesn't really hurt you anywhere. Again, I tend to think this is the FO getting another look at the squad, holding their cards, and then swinging deals at the deadline for a playoff push. 

This really seems to be Elias-Orioles m.o. Just super averse to any kind of high risk long term commitment. Question is whether it is driven by ownership or Elias himself. 

Another possibility: could Frazier challenge Mountcastle for some AB's at 1B? Or could Frazier allow Vavra slide over to 1B? Vavra is 6-1, Frazier 5-10. 

• Like 1

One other character Frazier might parallel in the re-iteration of old Astros roster construction....Nori Aoki.

During their growth years, one offseason there was a purposeful move to low strikeout hitters.     Adam Frazier's contact to damage ratio is very weak, but he is a very good contact hitter.

2 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

They don't really need him with Chisolm, Wendle, and Berti. Probably not a fit and I don't think Urias has much trade value (IMO). 

The Marlins need OF help. If we're interested in any of their SPs I think it's going to take us offering one to pry away a SP.  Something centered around Mullins/Lopez, Santander/Rogers, or Cowser/Luzardo or E.Cabrera. 

I’m not implying he has a ton.  

Maybe they use Frazier exclusively vs RHP. Spells Hays some who is really about equal though on that regard and of course at second.