Assessing the 2024 SP Free Agent Market

nvpacchi

Appreciate the effort and sentiment, but it's hard for me to wrap my head around the O's being interested in Bassitt level pitchers, when the didn't even make a play for Bassitt himself. 

Of the SPs in that tier, Mahle is the only one I could see the O's realistically trying to sign and that's mostly because I think he'll probably be the cheapest. 

5 hours ago, Just Regular said:

Can we keep all four franchise cornerstones?     In today's ownership situation I'm hoping for two, and feel like one is a strong favorite over three.     Jackson Holliday's free agency could be beyond Peter and Georgia both - what little I understand of it from here is the inheritance bill that many expect will be impossible for John and Louis won't be truly necessary until both their parents pass.    

In baseball terms, its an interesting barstool debate if Adley and Grayson are the unimportant ones relative to Gunnar and Holliday, figuring you don't have a quarter billion for everyone.

Are one of these guys ARod or "just" Correa/Turner/Lindor types?  If so, you make the push early for lockup through age 35, if not, then let them walk.

Similar with GRod and Adley, but more inherent risk.  Adley I think is the most important because of the catcher market, and if he's a 8 WAR guy like Posey or Pudge or Piazza (don't know their WAR), then he's instantly a top 3 MLB player you have to lock.  But GRod likely will price himself out unless he wants to be team friendly.