What's going on with Correa?

ScGO's

8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

This Fangraphs article had the Orioles at +4.0 fWAR with their offseason additions and losses, while the Red Sox are at -3.3.   They’ve added more talent than the O’s, but also lost a lot, notably Bogaerts, Eovaldi, Hill and JD Martinez (and possibly Wacha).   

I'm aware. I posted that article! Still, they were able to extend Devers and sign multiple other free agents. If the Orioles or really any small market team were in a comparative situation, they'd probably have done half of what the Sox have done and would be tanking. 

• Upvote 1

John Henry's legacy is secure, but since the Mookie move I feel he's been pulling back from the "sportsman" zone to the "profiteer" zone.     It's the RED SAWX, so that can't be said openly, and there's more papering over, but psychobabble wise I believe Clubhouses are affected by that stuff.     Devers is better than Chris Davis, but crushing pitches out of the zone is not a skill that ages well.

Xander gave many of the best parts of his baseball life to that org for cheap, and they still shipped Mookie out on him.

They do I guess have Alex Verdugo instead of a Comp Pick and one more genuine shot at a dogpile.