Comments section on MASNsports.com

rm5678

Oh no, do you mean to tell me that I can no longer be "FIRST!" again?!?!?

I have to say, those "first" comments were probably worse than the commentary.  I mean, were these really adults clamoring to be first to put a comment in his blog?  Seemed pretty sad for that to be what got someone charged up.....

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

On 1/1/2023 at 9:53 AM, Sanity Check said:

Oh no, do you mean to tell me that I can no longer be "FIRST!" again?!?!?

I have to say, those "first" comments were probably worse than the commentary.  I mean, were these really adults clamoring to be first to put a comment in his blog?  Seemed pretty sad for that to be what got someone charged up.....

For the life of me I never understood how a grown adult would keep reloading a website in order to be able to be the first one to respond to a sports blog. 

Not to derail the conversation, but I'm curious how the majority of you watch MASN. I'm really sick of being price gouged by Verizon FIos because they only offer MASN in their more expensive TV packages. I thought I found a workaround in their "pick five" plan, but of course MASN wasn't one of the available channels to select.  And MASN itself is so behind the times that they don't offer an independent streaming option. They certainly don't make it easy (or cheap) to follow the team.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Hi BE , when I pound the table for Burnes to be extended with the Orioles, I mean that as a START . Rubinstein also needs to be financially committed with Elias’s directions on other FA players that O’s need to fill specific holes . Burnes just the beginning, not the end . Our payroll has been bottom 5 the past what ?  6 or 7 years ?  
    • I've heard some talk that stuff like a new sound system and jumbotron are the type of things that will be addressed in year one. I'm sure the increased access to gambling will come soon enough.
    • Huh? What's that got to do with what I said? When Ohtani was posted only one team didn't even bother to make an offer. I have no idea if Elias wanted to bid on anyone being posted.  I have no idea if the current owner is interested. All I was saying is that historically they haven't even made a token offer. Until the narrative changes it shouldn't be retired. It's up to the Orioles to retire it.
    • To take our minds off of the embarrassing end of the season, does anyone have anything on the $600 million in renovations happening at Camden Yards?
    • Do you think JA authorized Elias to bid on Ohtani?  As last offseason unfolded, I think there a strict budget cap was agreed to by JA and the new ownership group while details were being ironed out and Elias didn't waste anyones time including his own asking about Ohtani.  Who's been posted since Angelos sold the team? I have made this point elsewhere and will continue to point out that nobody knows anything about the spending habits of the new ownership group.  Yet.  A lot will be clearer by OD, but it's not credible to think that bunch of billionaires along with the team's  best known former player bought a sports team in order to squeeze every last penny out of it like it was tenenment housing.  There are easier and less labor intensive investments to make if money was the only goal.  For the record, I don't think there will be a free-spending orgy.  Nor should there be with all the young, cheap talent on the team.  But the assumption that the O's can't be players in the FA market can no longer be support by any relavent history so it's time to stop acting like it can.
    • Went back and looked. Got my money back 10/24 last year. Season ended 10/10. 
  • Popular Contributors