Are the Orioles done?

interloper

Are the Orioles done?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Orioles done?

• Yep - no more 40-man roster additions. They're rolling with who they have now.
    • Basically - maybe an O'Hearn type or two, but nothing serious.
    • Nah - I still think they'll sign a Wacha/Cueto/Greinke type starting pitcher.
    • Nah - big trade incoming that will reshape this off-season.

This poll is closed to new votes

I voted for the trade option. I’ll be surprised if there isn’t at least one trade with 26 and 40 man roster implications. I’m not sure we’ll see a “big trade that reshapes the off-season” but that seemed closest. 

Another minor pitcher signing near spring training wouldn’t surprise me either. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

I have absolutely no idea. Appears they have taken care of the needs. Question is whether to do any "wants". I do see pitching as a potential weakness and at this point I am more interested in trades than remaining free agents 

I think Gibson was the only "need".

The other positions could have been filled by players on hand.

• Upvote 1

I think there may be a trade coming... just not a big trade as implied in the poll question. 

Unless they plan on washing their hands on some of these guys and sending them to the MiL again, they almost have to do something for roster relief. I don't think it reshapes the off season though.

21 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

My belief is that a trade is coming for a TOR SP. No idea who it is though.

I admire your optimism. I thought this would be the case for most of the off-season until pretty recently. I just don't get the sense they want to actually get rid of any of their ML guys or their prospects until the deadline. Sure would be fun though!

1 minute ago, interloper said:

I admire your optimism. I thought this would be the case for most of the off-season until pretty recently. I just don't get the sense they want to actually get rid of any of their ML guys or their prospects until the deadline. Sure would be fun though!

Roch has said in one of his posts not to long ago, maybe before xmas that the O's still want another SP. So there is some precedent for a move. I dont think their done. 

39 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I think they will still acquire a credible starting pitcher.  Don’t know if it’s option 3 or option 4.   

I chose Option 3 because like you I think they'll acquire a starting pitcher.  I couldn't roll with 4 because I'm not sure anything that Elias does will qualify as "big."