The biggest development of 2023 will be…

Frobby

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

You have these guys for the next 5 and 6 years.

Your biggest development would be that we have these guys locked up beyond 2028?  

Why would that be your biggest development? Is it the idea that the organization is just giving out that type of 8-10 year deal?  

It’s the assurance that we intend to run our small market organization with the foresight of other successful small market and or/ analytics driven teams. And the peace of mind that we will spend money for the right players. I don’t really want to be in a position in 5 years where we have to talk about trading Rutschman because we have no choice. 

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It’s all too small a sample for me to have any expectations one way or other other.  We know he has the stuff to get hitters out if he’s throwing strikes and getting ahead in the count.  No question about it.  It’s all about his command.   With average command he can be a front line starter.  But can he reach that level and stay there consistently?   Like I’ve said before, it may take more than one year to find out.  

Statistically, I absolutely agree.

But I saw a kid who settled down a bit and started pitching. It wasn't immaculate, and the stuff wasn't as advertised, but my eye test saw a better pitcher after those first few outings.

With all of that said, he'll have to do it over time, longer appearances, etc. No doubt that's correct.

The biggest development in 2023 will be that the woeful band-aid slapped on the rotation bears fruit.

As a fan and an optimist that will make me happy in a begrudging kind of way.  As someone who increasingly despises Orioles ownership, I will be concerned that the development serves as further validation of a course that should have been abandoned at the end of last season.

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

And people will still be unhappy.

Well I won't be. I've said all along, I much rather Frazier be really good then to be right about what I said about him. Saying that, I'm ready to put good money on Frazier not making the All-Star team with anyone who wants to take that bet! :D

23 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'll bring the doom and the gloom.

The biggest development in 2023 will be the pitching taking a step backward and becoming an obvious roadblock toward the O's becoming contenders.

22 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

If Gunnar blows away all expectations he wins the MVP.

Some folks have very high expectations.

Fortunately we have you to counter balance that and hold down the irrational exuberance. :) 

• Thanks 1