One injury away

wildcard

4 minutes ago, ChosenOne21 said:

Isn't the most optimal batting lineup putting your best hitter number 1, second best at 2 etc. down to your worst hitter at 9? I think I heard too that if two hitters are really close you should put OBP ahead of slugging

Not quite.

The Book has great info on this.

Basically the third hitter comes up so often with two outs and no one on that the spot isn't as valuable.

Ideally you don't want to go by OPS of course.

It also doesn't make a huge difference.

5 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

For some reason the top 20 players all time for RBIs were all great players.  Total coincidence.

I'm guessing the top 20 players for pitching wins, saves, hits, walks, steals, runs scored and doubles were all great players too.

Also pitching loses and grounded into double plays.

Edited by Can_of_corn

20 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm guessing the top 20 players for pitching wins, saves, hits, walks, steals, runs scored and doubles were all great players too.

Also pitching loses and grounded into double plays.

95+% of the time a runner scores, he's being driven by someone.  Sounds like a better idea than waiting on bases loaded walks and wild pitches.

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I think here is where a guy like Profar could really help out depth. Westburg would help cover any IF injury. Profar would help out in COF. Depending on the timing, some combo of Stowers/Hays/Cowser could cover CF, but we’d probably roll with McKenna. 

You do realize that Profar is slow, right.   Baseball Savant has his sprint speed at 32. That is hardly an ungrade over Santander at 30.