The 2023 Happy Talk Thread

Frobby

9 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Lease signed at the All Star break. We pick up Scherzer or Degrom for the pennant run when the Mets and Rangers season turns unbearable. Degrom will be healthiest in years when we get him.

Now back to the regularly scheduled me. 

Means comes back early and doesn’t miss a beat. Hall and GRod exceed expectations. Kremer and Bradish prove last season wasn’t a fluke, making Gibson expendable so we trade him for a handful of blue chip prospects. 

Here's my happy thought:

I watched Yusniel Diaz strikeout and ground to short in a spring training game today........ and he was wearing a Dodgers uniform.  I'm happy we don't have to wait for him to get healthy and play the "wait and see what he can do when healthy" game in the Irioles organization.  He was in the way of too many good young players. 

• Upvote 3

When the O's eliminated the Red Sox from the post season on September 28, 2011 in the bottom of the 9th set up an off season that convinced me and a lot of others that a corner had been turned.  I really looked forward to seeing what would happen in 2012 but never expected the team to be as good as it turned out to be that year.

It was great to be an O's fan from 2012 to the middle of 2018.  I get the feeling that we as fans are on a similar threshold right now.  Hopefully it will last a lot longer this time.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Yossarian said:

Here's my happy thought:

I watched Yusniel Diaz strikeout and ground to short in a spring training game today........ and he was wearing a Dodgers uniform.  I'm happy we don't have to wait for him to get healthy and play the "wait and see what he can do when healthy" game in the Irioles organization.  He was in the way of too many good young players. 

This is a good one. 

3 hours ago, 24fps said:

When the O's eliminated the Red Sox from the post season on September 28, 2011 in the bottom of the 9th set up an off season that convinced me and a lot of others that a corner had been turned.  I really looked forward to seeing what would happen in 2012 but never expected the team to be as good as it turned out to be that year.

It was great to be an O's fan from 2012 to the middle of 2018.  

Substitute “August of 2017.”  The O’s were 7-21 in September/October that year and were awful from the get go in 2018 (8-20 in March/April and just as bad thereafter).   

Now back to happy talk.   Heston Kjerstad!  Terrin Vavra!  Jackson Holliday!

Edited by Frobby

10 hours ago, emmett16 said:

Stoking out of my mind.  Mostly because games have started but more importantly because we have so many talented players to watch.  Is it April yet?!?!? 

I can't remember a spring training where I was just as excited, maybe more, to see the guys who won't make the opening day roster.