2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

3 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

Most people seem to have written him off. The baseball peak age still hasn't happened yet. I'm sure you knew that. I forgot that wording has to be exact sometimes...I still believe he carves out a decent enough ML career.

I wasn’t being picky, I just didn’t understand what you were trying to say.  I definitely don’t think Mountcastle should be written off, and he may yet play an important role for this team down the stretch.  I don’t think he’ll be a long term Oriole though, because his swing at everything approach is antithetical to what the Orioles’ management prefers.  

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I wasn’t being picky, I just didn’t understand what you were trying to say.  I definitely don’t think Mountcastle should be written off, and he may yet play an important role for this team down the stretch.  I don’t think he’ll be a long term Oriole though, because his swing at everything approach is antithetical to what the Orioles’ management prefers.  

No, I don't expect him to be here once he starts getting above the minimum. This off-season could be the end of his time in Baltimore.

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Well, here's all I can say to this lineup. Every time this season I thought the O's put out a terrible lineup, they would up scoring a bunch of runs (including last Saturday's game off of McClanahan). So I am going to choose to put my faith/hopes in Sig's super computer until proven otherwise...lol

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Well, here's all I can say to this lineup. Every time this season I thought the O's put out a terrible lineup, they would up scoring a bunch of runs (including last Saturday's game off of McClanahan). So I am going to choose to put my faith/hopes in Sig's super computer until proven otherwise...lol

Watch we'll see someone step up with a big game today to help win the series against the Phillies.

10 minutes ago, accinfo said:

The Trifecta in the lineup today, McKenna, McCann, and Mateo!!  Let the posts begin!!

Incredibly ugly.  Really should have made some changes (Adley at catch, cut Mateo and call up Oritz) but given the injuries and current roster, it was expect.  Ugly and stupid, but expected.  3 black holes in the lineup is going to be really hard to overcome.  I rarely chalk up any game as a loss before it's played, but this one doesn't look good at all.  

9 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

I don't think this one has anything (much) to do with Sig's super computer, just with the injuries and who we have currently available on the MLB roster.  If this is Sig's chosen lineup, then it's time to upgrade that PC!  🙂  

6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I've griped about the lineup a few times this year only to have the Orioles come out and put up a good amount of runs.

But I am not trying for a reverse lock here when I say that this is a dog**** lineup.  Hays has cooled significantly, Adley is whatever at this point as much as it pains me to say it, Santander is having the most quiet .814 OPS month ever, my position on Mountcastle hasn't changed despite the fact that he's looked better since coming back, Westburg is whatever, Urias is my guy but is whatever at this point, McCann couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat, I am confident a Little Leaguer could get Mateo out and I don't know if McKenna knows what day of the week it is.

They'll probably score 8+ tonight.

Lol - cogently and graphically spewed!  😇

I just wish they’d DFA Mateo and bring up Ortiz already!

Edited by bobmc
  • Upvote 1

Our first all righthanded hitting lineup of 2023.

As Roch points out, lefties hit .196/.224/.321 vs Suarez, while righties hit .286/.356/.433.

Mountcastle OPSing over 1000 since coming off the DL, Mateo and McKenna having good season #s vs lefties.

I like this lineup, hope we can put up some runs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1