2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

1 hour ago, Fiver6565 said:

I think its a lefty tonight right?  That lineup would seem to indicate so, except for O'hearn being in there is interesting.  I'm not against resting Santander another day though.

Looked up some relevant stats--it's not because O'Hearn has done well against Peterson (zero plate appearances). Rather it may be because Peterson himself seems to do no better vs. lefty hitters (OPS-against: .755) than he does against righties (.753). Interesting experiment encouraged by the fact that O'Hearn's 13 PA's vs. LHP this year have been quite productive (2 HR, 1 double, only 2 K).

I'm not complaining because I love that Westburg is playing. Just observing: I'm surprised Frazier still isn't playing in some capacity against a RHP.

I don't envy Brandon Hyde's job trying to find ways to get all these guys in the lineup each day without neglecting one of them too much.

49 minutes ago, Baltimorecuse said:

I don't think Frazier will be here next year.  I think they plan for Westburg to be the everyday 2nd baseman.  Looks like they want to give him all the ABs they can.  

That's what I thought but then they played Frazier most of the Yankees series.

47 minutes ago, Baltimorecuse said:

I don't think Frazier will be here next year.  I think they plan for Westburg to be the everyday 2nd baseman.  Looks like they want to give him all the ABs they can.  

Oh, I don’t think there’s any chance they bring Frazier back.  He was here mainly so we wouldn’t have to “push” guys to the majors.  Now that Gunnar is well established and Westburg is proving he’s a starting quality player, there wouldn’t be much point in bringing Frazier back.  But he’s done what we brought him here to do and I still expect him to be in the lineup quite often for the rest of the year.