Colton Cowser 2023

DirtyBird

Savant hasn't engineered easy navigation, but if you go to any Savant game page with a 6-digit GameID in the browser bar, then edit it to the 6-digit GameID you can harvest off minorleaguebaseball.com, it will display Statcast data if the park equipped.

I think I heard AAA is 30-for-30 now.     Last year the International League was I believe only equipped in the Charlotte ballpark.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Frobby said:

The last 3 games, he’s 5 for 15 with a double, a triple and a walk.  Baby steps.

Where does one find Statcast data for AAA games/players?

Not sure. The OTV guys always seem to have it and post it like it’s from baseball savant (that’s what the graphic looks like) but I don’t see it on there?  

11 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I don't think it was offensive, but I do think you stirred up a nerd hive! :D 

Either way, I'm more worried how Cowser performs on the field then what he does in his offtime. 

Who could have predicted that grown (mostly men) that spend their time posting thousands of messages about a baseball team that has been bad 80% of the time the last 40 years would be nerds? 

10 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Who could have predicted that grown (mostly men) that spend their time posting thousands of messages about a baseball team that has been bad 80% of the time the last 40 years would be nerds? 

Baseball nerds are a cooler version of nerds though! :D

Cowser had his fourth 2-hit game of the week last night, sandwiched around a one-hit game. Slash for the week is .450/.540/.650.   Cowser’s history is that once he gets hot, he usually stays hot for an extended period.  Hoping that proves true this time.  

15 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Cowser had his fourth 2-hit game of the week last night, sandwiched around a one-hit game. Slash for the week is .450/.540/.650.   Cowser’s history is that once he gets hot, he usually stays hot for an extended period.  Hoping that proves true this time.  

If he can keep that rolling through May I don't think a midseason call up is out of the question. We definitely value defense and he should be able to comfortably hold down LF or RF at home while also providing an option to backup Mullins. 

16 minutes ago, Frobby said:

No home runs yet.  Seems like maybe he dialed it down or flattened his swing out a little just to get back on track.  Right now, he’s more like the 2021 Delmarva Cowser than the 2022 Bowie/Norfolk Cowser.

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

No home runs yet.  Seems like maybe he dialed it down or flattened his swing out a little just to get back on track.  Right now, he’s more like the 2021 Delmarva Cowser than the 2022 Bowie/Norfolk Cowser.

Still a very small ss. Let’s give it more time. 

Nice to see him get hot a little. I still think it's weird that he went from being a safe player to a risky one. I know, swing tweaks, etc. I just don't really trust the player. Hudson Haskin is tearing up AAA so it's going to take an extended amount of good play for Cowser to make me a believer. Not that I think he's some scrub, I just kind of never know exactly what to think about him.