Colton Cowser 2023

DirtyBird

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Your average 3TO prospect draws walks, walks are one of the three.

The question is, can he draw those walks against even better pitchers in the majors. And, can he hit enough home runs to actually be a 3TO player? 

If I'm Elias, I think I'm just gonna kinda try to forget about him and let him cook in AAA for a significant amount of time. Especially because there are other options for the outfield. My money is on Kjerstad beating Cowser to the bigs. 

Edited by interloper

1 hour ago, interloper said:

The question is, can he draw those walks against even better pitchers in the majors. And, can he hit enough home runs to actually be a 3TO player? 

If I'm Elias, I think I'm just gonna kinda try to forget about him and let him cook in AAA for a significant amount of time. Especially because there are other options for the outfield. My money is on Kjerstad beating Cowser to the bigs. 

It’s a long year.   We do not need to be in any big hurry on Cowser.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I thought the golden sombrero was 4 K's or 4K's in 4 AB's.    He struck out 3 times in 5 AB's today.

Phew, that’s much better!  😎

I’ll hold off on being “officially worried” until mid-to-late May.  I certainly wish he was doing better.  

I still trust Cowser.  Some question marks still, but he checks a lot of boxes too.  There's a wacky disconnect as he's progressed for sure between hit tool and power/Ks.  

Cowser (and the rest of Norfolk) has faced Kyle Wright, Mike Soroka, Luis Patino, and Taj Bradley.  Obviously, we'd like to see better results (like we've seen with other Norfolk hitters like O'Hearn).  

Worry all we want (not that it changes anything), but it's good to be in a place as an org where the weight of the future is spread out between some talented players.

28 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Random, but I saw this mic’d up thing the Orioles media did with him at spring training in picture day on MASN after tonights loss to the A’s. He sounds insufferable. 

I think he was trying to be funny/entertaining but I agree that a lot of it was cringe worthy.

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Random, but I saw this mic’d up thing the Orioles media did with him at spring training in picture day on MASN after tonights loss to the A’s. He sounds insufferable. 

I dig that my kids love building Legos.  I don’t dig that Cowser spends his free time building Legos.  Maybe I’m being petty.  I consider myself open minded but really?

1 hour ago, emmett16 said:

I dig that my kids love building Legos.  I don’t dig that Cowser spends his free time building Legos.  Maybe I’m being petty.  I consider myself open minded but really?

What's wrong with having a hobby? There are some expensive, hardcore Lego sets marketed primarily to adults. 

1 hour ago, deward said:

What's wrong with having a hobby? There are some expensive, hardcore Lego sets marketed primarily to adults. 

Very expensive.  I thought $279 was a lot for an 8-year old (the box says 16+) but they have sets for $700 and more for adults.   

I see nothing wrong with it either.  

7 hours ago, emmett16 said:

It someone building a Lego set in his free time bothers you, you need to reconsider, because that is definitely not open minded. 

1 hour ago, Fiver6565 said:

It someone building a Lego set in his free time bothers you, you need to reconsider, because that is definitely not open minded. 

I really wish he was spending his time hanging out in bars and getting high.  Damn Lego’s!

• Haha 1