3/17 Green Hat Day

Bahama O's Fan

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Thoughts - Some guys adjust quicker than others. But there is no magic formula. Look around the game, there are plenty of top tier prospects who are/have struggled in the last few years. Also, from reading your post, you seem to be grouping McKenna, Norby, Cowser, Stowers, Kjerstad, Mayo, and Holliday altogether. There are different tiers of prospect rankings/talents among them. McKenna is not nor ever has been a highly rated prospect in terms of top 100 rankings. He is a classic AAAA guy. Stowers is 26 at this point and again was never a highly rated prospect in terms of top 100. He is not too old to be considered a prospect at this point. And Kjerstad (who had 2 years taken away from him due to his health) is on his way to being considered no longer a prospect at age 25. Cowser, Mayo, and Holliday are the more highly thought of (more talented) of the group that you listed. Cowser is in the midst of acclimating to what it means to find success at this level. Mayo is a little further behind in that process as he has not been at the Bigs yet, and Holliday while the most talented of the group is the youngest and least experienced of all. I don't think it is realistic to think in terms of wholesale replacements - i.e. ship this group in and in comes the next group to replace each one for one and get as good or better results. MLB in 2024 simply doesn't work that way. The jump from AAA to the Big League level is probably greater/harder than ever.
    • I think McKenna could play for a team like the Reds. I will root for him. 
    • Sorry. I missed the tone. It has been a rough week for reasons completely unrelated to the Orioles and I took that of context and sent an unnecessary reply. I see that now. No excuses. I’ll do better.
    • I checked the schedule and there are plenty of make up opportunities for tonight's game. 1) Double header tomorrow (due to 12:30ish start time; end of series) 2) Double header 7/31 (due to 12:30ish start time; end of series) 3) This Thursday 5/16; mutual off day, we stay on home stand, Jays travel to Tampa That being said, this gets a bit more cramped if both games get rained out. 
    • I can assure OP that Mckenna isn't a prospect. Heck he's not even in the organization. 
    • Are our expectation of Kimbrel too high?   Last year the Phillies had  71 save opportunities.  Kimbrel had 28 of them.  That is less than 40% of the  Phillies total save opportunities.   Seems like our expectation for Kimbrel are much higher.
    • Huh?   It was a joke all to do with one of the posters being named (this is true) gangsta gangsta.   All respect to you, Moose, MurphDog, and whoever voted for McKenna who are all respected posters.   I have never seen a post from Mr. Or Ms. gangsta gangsta.   
  • Popular Contributors