Adley Rutschman 2023

SilverRocket

How many WAR will Adley Rutschman get in 2023?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. How many WAR will Adley Rutschman get in 2023?

Kid is absolutely fried out there. Hyde needs to back the F off already. You're frying the most important player on the team. As Adley goes the team goes. 

On a related note, Adley is frickin massive right now. Listed at 6'2" 230, but looks to be 240 plus. Anybody seen him live this season? Just absolutely massive. And I don't all fat, he's Barrell-chested as hell. He's got to watch himself, that's a lot of weight to be squatting down every day for hours at a time. 

You can't ride a 6'2" 240 poundish catcher the same way you ride a 6'0" 185 pound middle infielder. 

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Malike said:

I voted 4-5 WAR in this poll. For once, I might be right about something.

95% of those who voted, voted for him to be worth 5 or more WAR. He’s on pace to be worth less and yet people aren’t disappointed with his year thus far?  Lol 

Just now, Sports Guy said:

95% of those who voted, voted for him to be worth 5 or more WAR. He’s on pace to be worth less and yet people aren’t disappointed with his year thus far?  Lol 

It's definitely disappointing. I don't think he's a bust yet. This is his first full season and it's a grind for sure. I do think he's going to have some incredible seasons in the future.

9 minutes ago, Malike said:

It's definitely disappointing. I don't think he's a bust yet. This is his first full season and it's a grind for sure. I do think he's going to have some incredible seasons in the future.

No doubt. He may even have an incredible season this year but acting as if what we have seen thus far isn’t a disappointment compared to expectations is absurd.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

No doubt. He may even have an incredible season this year but acting as if what we have seen thus far isn’t a disappointment compared to expectations is absurd.

Hard to argue with that considering expectations coming into the season.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Cool.  A new thing to whine and cry and complain about.

Adley Rutschman is going to be the starting catcher for the AL All-Star team.

Not good enough!

When is the "Call Up Basallo!" chant coming? 

I mean, Heim is more deserving. You do know a terrible and washed up Derek Jeter was the starter like every year, right? Cool, he's the best SS ever.

15 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Has anyone actually said they weren’t disappointed?   Speaking for myself, I said I was mildly disappointed based on my expectations coming into the season.  And he’s at a lower point right now than he was when I said that.  

Edited by Frobby

13 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Has anyone actually said they weren’t disappointed?   Speaking for myself, I said I was mildly disappointed based on my expectations coming into the season.  And he’s at a lower point right now than he was when I said that.  

He’s basically doing half of what you said and you are only mildly disappointed? I just don’t believe that. For whatever reason, people are afraid to say how they really feel because it’s Adley.

Edited by Sports Guy