DL Hall optioned

spleen1015

11 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

You want them to ditch any chance he can start this year?

I didn't say that.

I think the O's are overly cautious in how they handle young pitchers and it doesn't appear to me at least that it helps reduce injuries.

If his injury was as reported (big if I know) it seems to me that they were overly cautious with him this spring leading to this outcome.

11 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I didn't say that.

I think the O's are overly cautious in how they handle young pitchers and it doesn't appear to me at least that it helps reduce injuries.

If his injury was as reported (big if I know) it seems to me that they were overly cautious with him this spring leading to this outcome.

Ok. 

I tend to think in this particular case this was going to be the outcome anyway. They can certainly frame the conversation differently if he isn’t built up. 

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

Honestly? Might as well get that extra year for Grayson, too. At least with the rotation as healthy as it is right now.

What could go wrong?  Not like the player could finish really high in rookie of the year voting and earn themselves a year of service time despite the team's efforts right?

No chance of that.

3 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

The issue is even if he is ready, someone has to leave the rotation.  That’s where it gets interesting, assuming health and good performance.  

good luck with that! ;)

• Haha 1

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

What could go wrong?  Not like the player could finish really high in rookie of the year voting and earn themselves a year of service time despite the team's efforts right?

No chance of that.

Let’s revisit this for the millionth time.  

Adley was hurt to start the season.  Whatcha gonna do?   I’m glad he was so good that he finished 2nd in the ROY, but it’s not like there was some plot to keep him off the OD roster.   

GRod and Hall are different cases, to be judged on their own merits.  I don’t consider either of their cases to start the year in the majors to be clear.  They’re judgment calls, to be considered with other players.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Let’s revisit this for the millionth time.  

Adley was hurt to start the season.  Whatcha gonna do?   I’m glad he was so good that he finished 2nd in the ROY, but it’s not like there was some plot to keep him off the OD roster.   

GRod and Hall are different cases, to be judged on their own merits.  I don’t consider either of their cases to start the year in the majors to be clear.  They’re judgment calls, to be considered with other players.  

And he still should have been up in 2021 and they still shouldn't have kept him in the minors after his rehab was over.

• Upvote 2

On 3/26/2023 at 3:38 PM, spleen1015 said:

So Hall really needs to find some better control and pitch efficiency if he’s ever going to be a starter. Or just able to throw more strikes if he’s going to be a leverage reliever. I’m hoping they can turn him from a thrower to a pitcher as it’s best for the Orioles