Jorge Mateo 2023

Frobby

15 hours ago, InsideCoroner said:

He also unnecessarily got doubled off 2B on a soft liner that Adley hit at the left fielder, killing a potential rally. That was aggravating.

He was stealing on the pitch. I highly doubt he could’ve gotten back. Stuff happens.

I think Mateo’s slump is coming to an end.  He had some very good at bats this weekend.  He had a hit in each game, didn’t strike out, had some good takes, and made a lot of hard contact even when he made outs.  

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I think Mateo’s slump is coming to an end.  He had some very good at bats this weekend.  He had a hit in each game, didn’t strike out, had some good takes, and made a lot of hard contact even when he made outs.  

Please Frobby, please don't jinx Jorge AGAIN!!!!!! lol

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

It started against the Yankees.

Rewatching yesterday's game, I think Mateo uses too big of a bat. Maybe if he had a slightly smaller/lighter bat, he could control his swing on plane to the target better, and get around quicker. It's all about bat speed.  He seems like he's trying to muscle his swing too much because of the bat size. 

Take a look at him when you watch today's game, and let's see what you think. 

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, forphase1 said:

Bench him,  trade him,  cut him, something.   At this point I don't care how if happens, but him starting every game and getting 4+ at bats every game has to stop.  Just killing us. 

Yes he needs to be super utility/pinch runner.  A major league starter he is not.  He is what he is.  He has no disipline at the plate.  A horrible batters eye.  

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, forphase1 said:

Bench him,  trade him,  cut him, something.   At this point I don't care how if happens, but him starting every game and getting 4+ at bats every game has to stop.  Just killing us. 

Having Mateo and Mountcastle and their atrocious OBP's is devastating to a lineup. Elias needs to step up and help this team win now instead of slow-playing every single prospect for 2 or 3 years from now. Bring up Cowser, Westburg, and Ortiz, and bench Mateo in general and Mountcastle against righties.

• Upvote 3