Kyle Gibson 2023

sportsfan8703

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

But how was the picture, Moose?  It was nonexistent in my house, since we don’t have Apple TV.  Did they even really play a baseball game?

Play the game they did Frobby. (Begin Whisper) IF you purchase it....he will come. (Ends whisper) 

2 hours ago, Malike said:

Got it done. Great post-game interview quote when asked how they are beating the "juggernauts". - “I think we’re one of the best teams,” right-hander Kyle Gibson said. “We’re one of those juggernauts.”

I loved that.   And I’m starting to think he may be correct.   

6 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Lyles-esque.

Here’s how Gibson’s 2023 to date compares with Lyles’ 2022:

ERA+: Gibson 112, Lyles 89

IP/start: Gibson 6.00, Lyles 5.59

Still more than 2/3 of the season to go, and Gibson has some history of being a better pitcher in the first half of the season vs. the second half.  But right now, Gibson has been significantly better than Lyles.  

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

Here’s how Gibson’s 2023 to date compares with Lyles’ 2022:

ERA+: Gibson 112, Lyles 89

IP/start: Gibson 6.00, Lyles 5.59

Still more than 2/3 of the season to go, and Gibson has some history of being a better pitcher in the first half of the season vs. the second half.  But right now, Gibson has been significantly better than Lyles.  

And that's even without mentioning the fact that Lyles is having a horrible season this year: 0-8, 7.15 ERA, with 14 homers yielded already in 56.67 innings (Gibson: 6 / 66) despite half of his starts being in spacious Kauffman Stadium.