Apr 7th game vs Yankees Home Opener

Tony-OH

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Better slide and the runner would have been safe, but nice strike em out throw em out DP.  Nice quick throw and excellent tag.  

I still have trouble with Adley’s throws to 2nd.  Wieters always threw low to the right of the bag, that throw there was wide to the left and forced Mateo to swipe around the bag to get to the runner.  I agree the runner would've/should’ve been safe. 

1 minute ago, justD said:

I still have trouble with Adley’s throws to 2nd.  Wieters always threw low to the right of the bag, that throw there was wide to the left and forced Mateo to swipe around the bag to get to the runner.  I agree the runner would've/should’ve been safe. 

I think he’s better at pop time than throw accuracy.  

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I wouldn’t call it brutal.   Our offense was rolling when Mullins resembled a hitter and Westburg and Cowser were raking at the bottom of the lineup.  Essentially, there was no bottom of the lineup.   There were no soft spots.  Today the 6-9 spots are like a La-Z-Boy for the opposing pitcher.
    • Who cares about the minor league no hitter?  That was five years ago.  Whatever arguments there are for Baumann, this isn’t one of them.   I’m not going to trash Baumann.  He’s had his good moments, and pitched well lately.  But you just never know what you’re getting from one game to the next, and often even from one batter to the next.  I hope he finds a way to become more consistent.    
    • Every once in a while your true colors come ragingly out in the open. Rage on. 
    • I know little to nothing about Issac Solano.  I know he’s 21 and spent 2 years in the DSL and another 2 years in the FCL.  I know he’s listed at 6’6 195.  I know in 4 years he’s pitched a total of 77 innings most of which were bad.  I had noticed a couple of impressive outings the last two years and wondered what kind of stuff he had.  I watched him pitch 2 innings last night and I still don’t know.   Bad camera angle and no help from the announcers regarding his velocity. Here’s what I do know. 1. He threw a high percentage of strikes. 2. He has pretty normal mechanics. 3.   He faced 6 hitters.  5 had no chance.  The other hit a routine fly to CF. 4. He was 195 pounds at least 30 pounds ago but he looks strong and solid. 5.  He might be a guy. Calling @Tony-OH
    • IMHO this is a mistake. Use the Akin option. 3.44 ERA in 17 appearances, not to mention a minor league no-hitter.
    • Truth is, they’ve already made some adjustments.  He’s only started 35 of 43 games, and he’s batted in the bottom third of the order in more than half those starts.  
    • Ryan Mountcastle 265/305/465 Jorge Mateo 260/301/468
  • Popular Contributors