Food prices at Camden Yards

Going Underground

2 hours ago, DenPA2002 said:

We’ve gone to 2 Monday games and one Tuesday game.

Ive gotten tickets for $37 apiece after fees in section 52 and then Move up a few rows to all the empty seats. Amazing seats to watch a game.

This last Monday I paid $65 apiece for section 52 vs the yanks. People from NY paid $100 off SeatGeek. He said that these seats in NY would be $500 apiece.

Ticket prices are pretty cheap for Os games right now. And on a Monday you could buy a cheaper seat and then move closer if you really wanted to. 

Now food prices are a different story. Just buy a hoagie somewhere and bring it in. 

Looking at the Toronto Monday, sec 52 is way cheaper than it was for the Yankees. Sec 59 is $19 on SeatGeek including fees.

you can make it affordable but I don’t pay for parking in Timonium and I have passes for the light rail.

What bags are you allowed to bring in?  1 gallon bag?  Anything else?

8 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I wasn't aware of this website. I'm going to check it out when I have time to make it to OPACY this season.

It does tend to have the lowest (out the door) prices but buyer beware a bit. We used them for Opening Day and it was a bit of a debacle (the first private seller never delivered, then they got us a second “preferred seller” that also never delivered, and then FINALLY came through with a third “preferred seller” that came through, albeit it took more than a few minutes).

Dealing with all of this, while waiting on hold, and missing the start of Opening Day festivities definitely sucked and made for a stressful situation. 

But, yesterday, for just me, for a matinee game in which the out the door price was $9 and I was already going to be arriving midway through the 1st inning, it worked great.

So it might just depend on your situation, but like I said, buyer beware.

Posted (edited)

I think baseball's food concessions are largely an overpriced rip-off. The hot dog served at OPCY is the highest priced hot dog in the majors..In Miami you can get a hot dog at the park for 3 dollars.The entire price for attending a sporting event with a good seat is getting out of hand, and so is ALL entertainment.If you want a really good seat to see a top act you might have to take out a loan. Disneyland and Disney World are getting so expensive, that a middle class family of four simply is priced out of access.But back to baseball concessions. I dont eat meat, but I wouldn't buy a 9 dollar hot dog anywhere , let alone OPCY. I bring my food with me. It's the last line of affordability we're going to have in attending a ball game. Concession prices are unfair, but at least you can eat before the game...or  bring your own water and peanuts. Otherwise it's a shame...and it's wrong.

Edited by Roy Firestone

8 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

What bags are you allowed to bring in?  1 gallon bag?  Anything else?

• Clear plastic bag no larger than 12" x 6" x 12".
  • 1-gallon plastic freezer bag
  • Fanny pack or clutch purse no larger than 5” x 7”
  • Bags for Medical equipment or devices
  • Diaper bag
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Roy Firestone said:

I think baseball's food concessions are largely an overpriced rip-off. The hot dog served at OPCY is the highest priced hot dog in the majors..In Miami you can get a hot dog at the park for 3 dollars.The entire price for attending a sporting event with a good seat is getting out of hand, and so is ALL entertainment.If you want a really good seat to see a top act you might have to take out a loan. Disneyland and Disney World are getting so expensive, that a middle class family of four simply is priced out of access.But back to baseball concessions. I dont eat meat, but I wouldn't buy a 9 dollar hot dog anywhere , let alone OPCY. I bring my food with me. It's the last line of affordability we're going to have in attending a ball game. Concession prices are unfair, but at least you can eat before the game...or  bring your own water and peanuts. Otherwise it's a shame...and it's wrong.

Exactly. My friend was arguing with me to see the Phillies prices. I said the Phillies have 35,000 fans and 250 million dollar payroll. Also they have 150 million dollars committed to next years roster. My argument is that we should be playing to who we are. We should not be cancelling the top left upper deck seats pre game instead of offering them for 5$ for students, kids, first responders, teachers. My son is 2 years old and may watch the game for 2-3 innings before walking around. Why would I want to get a expensive ticket.

5 hours ago, DenPA2002 said:
  • Clear plastic bag no larger than 12" x 6" x 12".
  • 1-gallon plastic freezer bag
  • Fanny pack or clutch purse no larger than 5” x 7”
  • Bags for Medical equipment or devices
  • Diaper bag

They should sell stylish clear Orioles bag for cheapskates like me that would like to bring in food.  Any restrictions on food that can be brought in?

4 hours ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

Exactly. My friend was arguing with me to see the Phillies prices. I said the Phillies have 35,000 fans and 250 million dollar payroll. Also they have 150 million dollars committed to next years roster. My argument is that we should be playing to who we are. We should not be cancelling the top left upper deck seats pre game instead of offering them for 5$ for students, kids, first responders, teachers. My son is 2 years old and may watch the game for 2-3 innings before walking around. Why would I want to get a expensive ticket.

And those kids grow up and those families with young kids the parents get better jobs and hopefully can get better tickets.  I would like to see more especially on weekdays done for those that can't afford $100 night at the park.

8 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

They should sell stylish clear Orioles bag for cheapskates like me that would like to bring in food.  Any restrictions on food that can be brought in?

They do sell those bags specific to ballpark restricted dimensions.

I brought in a sandwich bag filled with salted peanuts on Monday.

You can find info here: https://www.mlb.com/orioles/ballpark/information/guide#f-content

5 hours ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

First, Kids 2 and under are free no matter what.  

Second, Kids 9 and under are free - you just have to get tickets in certain sections with a paid adult ticket.  Usually, they run about $17 per ticket.  So, a family of 4 going to the game would be $34.00.  Thats not that bad at all.

The Orioles also do a lot of ticketing strategies / plans to make it affordable IF you do plan on attending 4+ games in a season.  Sometimes you just have to do it before the season starts.

What I don't like - is that every year the concessions cost more $$$, the portions get smaller, and the parking fee's increase. 

I remember back in 2014/2017 you could go get a pretzel for $5.00.  It was decent size and now of course - its like $7.50 and they changed the shape to a small "O"....  All of that is getting out of control.