Austin Voth 2023

HakunaSakata

52 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

How do you know what GrayRod/Wells inning limits are?  Are you in the Orioles' front office or consult with Elias?

Are you watching Wells.  He is already into unknown territory.   Its a question of can he keep his effectiveness.    Is his arm getting tired?   He may be good one outing but poor for a couple more.   Holt/Hyde will know  if he needs more rest between outing or just go to the pen for shorter outings.

• 3 weeks later...

What to do with Voth. He started his rehab on 7/20. He’s pitched pretty well in Norfolk. 0ER in 6IP 11k/3BB in August. He’s out of options. We have a 6 man rotation. Do we option Vespi for him?  Just so we don’t lose anyone. If we do bring Voth back to the MLB roster, we may have to make a 40 man move and DFA someone if we don’t have an open spot. I guess we could move Akin to the 60 day IL. 

3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

What to do with Voth. He started his rehab on 7/20. He’s pitched pretty well in Norfolk. 0ER in 6IP 11k/3BB in August. He’s out of options. We have a 6 man rotation. Do we option Vespi for him?  Just so we don’t lose anyone. If we do bring Voth back to the MLB roster, we may have to make a 40 man move and DFA someone if we don’t have an open spot. I guess we could move Akin to the 60 day IL. 

Stop losing sleep over waiver wire guys.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Other than a short time last year, he hasn't been good at either.

I think that's underrated a bit his contributions last season. 

Perhaps he's one of those guys who's better as a starter / opener but he definitely showed enough in his time last season to be given a chance again for a spot on the pitching staff. 

3 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Stop losing sleep over waiver wire guys.

When you’re as good as we are, that 26th and 40th man spot matters. Gotta play the margins. Elias doesn’t like to just lose guys. We’ve seen that. Even Givens got a chance to show something. I think we activate Voth and he’s likely back for when we return home. Voth has some value in that he can go 1+ IP. We have a short pen with the 6 man rotation. Vespi as a 2nd lefty is a luxury we defer till September 1.