Gunnar Henderson 2023

Just Regular

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I read their article earlier.  Basically, Gunnar's still ranked that high because of the walk rate, which is exceptional.  And they think he'll come around.

G-Rod was highlighted because of his last two scoreless starts.

In other words, they aren’t unnecessarily panicking.

• Upvote 1

Todays the day. Gunnar is gonna go 4-4 with 2 hr.  I'm feeling it (even though I said in the Westburg thread I'd like to see Jordan up for a week or 2 to get some reps at Gunnars expense ;)) Mostly just feel terrible for Westburg who has done nothing except what he's been ask to do.  

44 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

In other words, they aren’t unnecessarily panicking.

No, but also if you read between the lines no one else has really stepped up to make a whopping case for that #2 spot.  He's more or less there because of the walk rate and there hasn't really been a great challenger.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DocJJ said:

I've seen enough.  Let him go back down to the minors and try to get his timing/stroke back...    I know he has a lot of walks.  At some point you have to freaking hit the ball...

He seems to hate swinging on 3-2. I like the patience in general but he has way too many K's looking on hittable 3-2 pitches. When will he recalibrate? 

25 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

He seems to hate swinging on 3-2. I like the patience in general but he has way too many K's looking on hittable 3-2 pitches. When will he recalibrate? 

Only person I can remember hitting with his approach was Bonds.  But any mistake in zone was a HR.  He’s getting some pitches to hit.  The 3-2 no swing on drivable pitches is frustrating.