Batting 5th at DH..... Willie Calhoun?

Pickles

58 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

As Aaron Judge goes for a hip MRI.     Yanks face deGrom tonight.

What I'm about to say/ask is 100% speculative on my behalf...but does anyone else wonder if there's any correlation between PED's and hip injuries? It just seems to me that hip injuries have become the norm with guys that MAY have some questions about them. And no, I don't know of any questionable behavior with Judge.

54 minutes ago, Brooks The Great said:

It's amazing to me that Brian Cashman still has a job. And he got extended this past offseason no less!

Cashman is bar none one of the worst GM's in sports. Glad the Yankees still have him.

That’s an interesting perspective.  Several other teams have had trouble winning consistently despite running very high payrolls.  The Yankees have been in the playoffs all but 4 times in the last 25 years while Cashman has been GM.   I’m not going to say he’s a genius GM, but I’d say his track record is pretty good.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

That’s an interesting perspective.  Several other teams have had trouble winning consistently despite running very high payrolls.  The Yankees have been in the playoffs all but 4 times in the last 25 years while Cashman has been GM.   I’m not going to say he’s a genius GM, but I’d say his track record is pretty good.  

You can't possibly think that when the Yankees have constantly underachieved for over a decade. They always have a ridiculous payroll and flame out in the playoffs every year. Cashman has irresponsibly wrecked their minor league system with stupid trades for guys like Joey Gallo, Frankie Montas, and even Anthony Rizzo. 

Any Yankees fan and everyone in the organization would tell you that the Yankees have standards of winning World Series, not just making the playoffs. Cashman has failed spectacularly in that regard despite virtually unlimited resources compared to a vast majority of other GMs outside of the Dodgers and Mets.

Cashman consistently makes bad free agent signings by overpaying for veterans on the decline. I was extremely happy when Yankees ownership made a huge mistake by extending Cashman. It's one of the things that has opened the Orioles playoff window even wider over the next decade.

59 minutes ago, Brooks The Great said:

You can't possibly think that when the Yankees have constantly underachieved for over a decade. They always have a ridiculous payroll and flame out in the playoffs every year. Cashman has irresponsibly wrecked their minor league system with stupid trades for guys like Joey Gallo, Frankie Montas, and even Anthony Rizzo. 

Any Yankees fan and everyone in the organization would tell you that the Yankees have standards of winning World Series, not just making the playoffs. Cashman has failed spectacularly in that regard despite virtually unlimited resources compared to a vast majority of other GMs outside of the Dodgers and Mets.

Cashman consistently makes bad free agent signings by overpaying for veterans on the decline. I was extremely happy when Yankees ownership made a huge mistake by extending Cashman. It's one of the things that has opened the Orioles playoff window even wider over the next decade.

I absolutely think that Cashman is not “one of the worst GMs in sports bar none” (your words). That’s an extreme statement that I find utterly hyperbolic. 

It’s fascinating how these big money teams just are not prepared depth wise. Betts playing SS in LA. This horrific Yankees OF. Mets starting pitchers with some issues. The lineups for some of these teams really aren’t all that imposing. We complain all the time about holes in the lineup, but our cleanup hitter isn’t Willie Calhoun FFS. Imagine the comments here if Tommy Pham and Mark Canha were getting regular at bats. That’s the Mets 6-7 hitters with a 300M dollar payroll. Give me Urias-McCann or pretty much any other combo we’ve seen this year over that. 

One thing watching more baseball so far this year has shown me is that the Os are in better overall shape than we probably perceive. Plenty of holes on plenty of good teams. 

Except the Rays. That team is perfect. LOL. 

5 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

It’s fascinating how these big money teams just are not prepared depth wise. Betts playing SS in LA. This horrific Yankees OF. Mets starting pitchers with some issues. The lineups for some of these teams really aren’t all that imposing. We complain all the time about holes in the lineup, but our cleanup hitter isn’t Willie Calhoun FFS. Imagine the comments here if Tommy Pham and Mark Canha were getting regular at bats. That’s the Mets 6-7 hitters with a 300M dollar payroll. Give me Urias-McCann or pretty much any other combo we’ve seen this year over that. 

One thing watching more baseball so far this year has shown me is that the Os are in better overall shape than we probably perceive. Plenty of holes on plenty of good teams. 

Except the Rays. That team is perfect. LOL. 

Creating extreme redundancy in a sport in which you play 162 games over an 8 months period is prudent.  

10 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

I think we are deeper than alot of teams, but lack top tier talent. Their starting lineups feature mostly A's but D's on their bench. We got a bunch of B's and C's but only maybe one A, if that makes sense.

I think there are way more Cs and Ds in some of these lineups than is assumed honestly. 

The Astros started Rylan Bannon at DH last night, and their starting C is a way worse hitter than our backup.  Just sayin’. Grass not always greener and in fact is browner more often than we think. 

13 hours ago, Brooks The Great said:

I wish the O's would flame out in the playoffs every year, because that would mean they made the playoffs every year.  Making the playoffs every year is not really a sign of failure.  The Yankees roster construction of being loaded w/ older players has been hurting them, though.  Seems like 1/2 the Yankees have been on the IL, and Judge just got an MRI of his hip done.

• Upvote 1