DL Hall the 27th man?

Going Underground

1 minute ago, Pickles said:

That's more than uncharitable.

He hit 97, sat 94-95.  Command not great but only walked one.

His biggest problem is effeciency.  It took him 75 pitches to get 9 outs.

I read this and thought no way this could be true that it took him 75 pitches to get 9 outs, but, lo and behold,it did. 

3 minutes ago, Pickles said:

That's more than uncharitable.

He hit 97, sat 94-95.  Command not great but only walked one.

His biggest problem is effeciency.  It took him 75 pitches to get 9 outs.

Is that what was on the broadcast? I'm not watching, but following on Gameday and they had him 91-93, I didn't see any 94's. I was a bit concerned. 

1 minute ago, baltfan said:

I read this and thought no way this could be true that it took him 75 pitches to get 9 outs, but, lo and behold,it did. 

The home run he threw to the greatest shortstop in the history of the world was a darn good fastball. That kid just went down and got it.

Just now, CharmCityHokie said:

Is that what was on the broadcast? I'm not watching, but following on Gameday and they had him 91-93, I didn't see any 94's. I was a bit concerned. 

I think he’s learning how to pitch a little bit. I saw him touch 95 at least a handful of times.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

The home run he threw to the greatest shortstop in the history of the world was a darn good fastball. That kid just went down and got it.

It was 92 and in the middle of the plate.  Yes it was low, but not that low. 

7 minutes ago, CharmCityHokie said:

Really inconsistent velocity. Topped out at 95.6 in his first inning but sat more 93-94, and was 91-92 in his last inning.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, CharmCityHokie said:

He was kind of all over the place. I saw 96 once or twice and in the final inning I saw 91 once and several 92.  A lot of 93-94 early.  Thought the changeup looked great today.   Mixed bag overall.   I’m glad we only used 2 pitchers in that game. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, CharmCityHokie said:

I'm pretty sure I saw one 97.  I saw several 96s.  It's probably more fair to say he sat 93-94 than 94-95.

He seems to be making a conscious effort to not throw max velo in an attempt to command better.