Sat Apr 29: Game 2 of split doubleheader, 5:10 pm

SteveA

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I don't think any O's fans are complaining with how that draft turned out!  I was simply pointing out that Andruw Jones forced Elias's decision. And so far so good.
    • You are right. My mistake. I thought they brought him into a 4-2 game.    The Leverage Index increases to Medium in that scenario.    1 run games can be low- leverage by definition of the Leverage Index. 
    • Were you aware that he’s from NOVA and grew up as an Orioles fan? 
    • As we saw last year winning the division means far less now with 3 wild cards making the playoffs.  It was mentioned numerous times last year how so many Orioles pitchers were approaching innings numbers they had never exceeded that it was becoming concerning.  A 6 man rotation, with Burnes staying on his normal rest, might help alleviate that.  I just want this team healthy and ready to go in October.  On the other hand, did anyone think we would have this sort of starting pitcher depth at the start of the year?  Like our position player depth it is a good problem to have!
    • So he was pulling a John Elway?  Well that's his right but frankly HE is probably disappointed with his choice.  The Orioles are going to win multiple World Series while Druw is still in the minor leagues. 
    • No one.  They will go to a 6 man rotation and keep Burned on a regular schedule.  Means, Bradiah, and GRod can use the extra day to help manage their workload.  
    • I live in the Atlanta area.  In May 2022 the choice was thought to be Druw (I apologize for the earlier missspelling).  I decided to go see Wesleyan's first round playoff game to see him.  None other than Mike Elias was there as well.  Druw's first AB was an absolute rope of a HR.  Nothing from that doubleheader suggested Druw was anything but a stud.  Then the draft rolls around and the Birds take Jackson. My brother's son played on a little league team coached by the brother of the Wesleyan head coach, who informed his brother that Andruw told Elias that Druw would not sign with the O's if they drafted him but would honor his commitment to attend Vanderbilt.  I have confirmed this with several other sources.  So Elias had no choice but to take Holliday.  I don't think any O's fan is complaining!  I'm simply surprised this story has never been brought out.
  • Popular Contributors