Royals series

Going Underground

15 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

My thoughts exactly!  Why can’t they figure that out so we can have baseball every night.  6 months is long enough! 

The system of having all MiL teams off on Monday is only three years old.   They did it on purpose and it makes a lot of sense logistically. We’re just going to have to live with having no Orioles-related baseball 10 days out of 26 weeks.  

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

The system of having all MiL teams off on Monday is only three years old.   They did it on purpose and it makes a lot of sense logistically. We’re just going to have to live with having no Orioles-related baseball 10 days out of 26 weeks.  

Folks can always watch another team.

5 hours ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I was wondering if we would see Zach Greinke. Seeing Grienke and Lyles should be fun... As long as we win.

I do believe Greinke is at the end of his line.  He's transitioned to being a soft tosser and it looks like he's getting hammered this year.  Maybe he figures it out cause he's a smart dude and a competitor but from what I've seen this year, I think he's cooked.

Lyles is off to a terrible start, too, with a worse ERA than Grienke (6.11 to 6.10).  Both have bad FIPs (5.49 for Grienke, 6.19 for Lyles) so it's not as if these guys are getting unlucky with their defense.  They've both been that bad to start the season.

If the Orioles stay within themselves and keep their approaches the way they have, I like their chances against these two.

5 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Feels like a trap series. Don't take these guys for granted. I would guess Kremer in game three to maximize Grayson's rest and keep his innings down. I predicted 15-0 during this stretch so I still gotta go with 3-0.

Thursday Friday is an interesting choice this week.    4 vs 5 days of rest on one hand, Royals vs. Braves on the other.

Here's how the SP fall among current Active Roster AL guys in K-BB:

(21) T. Wells vs (64) Yarbrough

(51) Gibson vs. (47) Greinke

(14) Grayson vs. (56) Lyles, or (45) Kremer vs. (56) Lyles

KCR's team OBP of .279 is double digits behind the 29th place Tigers .290.

On 5/1/2023 at 8:47 AM, Bahama O's Fan said:

Yes, but we are in the stretch of some tough teams coming up. We will not win 2/3 from every one of them. Let's sweep now.

That should be the mentality, but if we don't, let's also not overreact. Even if we go 1/3, as long as we play well and pitch well to take some momentum forward into May, that will be a good sign for me. I think this team will continue to compete, even against the good teams. But baseball is still baseball, so we will go 1/3 against a few teams we shouldn't, and we will probably take 2 or 3/3 from some teams we aren't expected to.

19 hours ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

Wow Lyles has been really bad. I hadn’t looked his numbers up. At least in the early going, going Gibson instead of Lyles is looking smart. 

Remember how mad people got when we let him walk? Elias and the gang know what they are doing, and I wish we as a fan base could remember that sometimes.

• Confused 1