Friday, May 5: Orioles in Atlanta trying to win 11th straight series opening game

SteveA

Just now, SteveA said:

Rays.

We don't need the division to make the playoffs.  But the higher we can finish the better chance we have.  Root for the Yankees to be buried deep in the ground.  That puts us in the top 4 and the we start rooting for another team to be buried.

This is where I'm at.  I don't mind the Rays, can't stand the Yankees.  Would love to see the Yankees buried and left for dead by June.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I didn't realize this, but Fried was drafted by the Padres and was the headliner in the Justin Upton deal.  Man, I bet they'd like a do-over on that one.

Until Brown mentioned it I forgot Olson and Murphy were from the A's. Atlanta's FO knows how to build a MLB roster. 

1 minute ago, spiritof66 said:

He and Kremer both Jewish and from SoCal, but the resemblance ends there.

Sums it up well.

Kremer's been the biggest disappointment of the season so far for me, I think.  The way he ended last season, I really thought he was coming around and figuring things out.

1 minute ago, dtk9119 said:

Until Brown mentioned it I forgot Olson and Murphy were from the A's. Atlanta's FO knows how to build a MLB roster. 

Yep.  Smart front office in Atlanta.

I've always had a little soft spot for the Braves, going back to the 90s.  Always well run, most always good teams...and when they're not good, it doesn't last long.  I'd probably feel different about them if the Orioles were in the same division, though.