Keegan Akin 2023

Frobby

On 6/24/2023 at 1:34 PM, SteveA said:

I'm not going to try to claim it wasn't a bad outing, but man, so many grounders that just found holes, balls that just fell in, ball in front of Hicks who plays super deep CF.   And almost all of it with 2 outs.

I man, obviously, if you are a good P you find the way to get that 3rd out.   But in a game that was out of reach, with a lot of the hits being cheap -- I just chalk this up to it wasn't our night.   It doesn't change my opinion of Akin -- that he is adequate for the #3 LH reliever spot in the bullpen.   Doubt we have anyone better in Norfolk.

Wandisson Charles would be better. Akin is essentially one of the worst pitchers currently rostered in major league baseball. 6.85 ERA over almost 24 innings is preposterous. Ryan McKenna could probably provide similar production throwing 40 mph lobs every pitch.

Akin has got to go. Stuff, performance, command, body language... he does absolutely nothing for me. Keep him as far away as possible from the good pitchers with a future. Even though he has options I would honestly think about DFA and let some other team take him for a change of scenery. Would also give us a spot for another optionable guy. 

• 1 month later...