Who Comes Up for Rom?

sportsfan8703

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I’m not bashing them for not pitching him. It doesn’t matter to me.

But him sitting here and doing nothing when he is far from some polished prospect isn’t helpful either.  He should go back to AAA.

Agreed, but if one of the last two starters was knocked out early, we would have likely seen Rom in the game.  That didn't happen, and I'll take that result.

Hey, I'd like to see what he can do as well....he'll get a chance sooner or later.  This move was to have what I'll call "fresh length" if it was needed.

6 minutes ago, Sanity Check said:

Agreed, but if one of the last two starters was knocked out early, we would have likely seen Rom in the game.  That didn't happen, and I'll take that result.

Hey, I'd like to see what he can do as well....he'll get a chance sooner or later.  This move was to have what I'll call "fresh length" if it was needed.

Sure..I’m not blaming them for calling him up..but no reason to keep him around at this point.

3 hours ago, interloper said:

Yeah I think he 100% gets sent back down to make a start and keep him stretched out. However, we do need someone for that Akin role. 

Irvin pitches this morning, so it won't be him. 

I think Hall, Vespi, or Zimmermann are all sensible options. Kind of would like to get a look at Watson. 

This seems right. Hall also pitched yesterday so he's probably not available yet. I might go with Vespi of these options for a shuttle type move. If it's a longer term move then Hall.

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

The Pirates are RH heavy. I’d say Gilaspie is the right move for game 1. Hopefully we blow the pirates out, Gilaspie pitches two, and we shuttle him. 

Winning is fun. 

That would be his second time up and down though so not sure they want to use up another call up and send down for 1 day.  This might still be considered his 1st though since he originally started with team.  I am not sure on specifics of when each call up and send down starts but remember you only get 5 for each player.