You can't clip these wings - City Connect jerseys

Snutchy

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Question: how often do teams wear their City Connect uniforms?

While I really couldn’t care less about this topic, I do have to say that the jersey is about the most unimaginative thing I’ve ever seen, and I don’t even know why they bothered.  A ten year old kid could have come up with a more interesting design.  

I’t looks like a 6 year old did it. So…you are kinda complementing it. Sorta. 

• Haha 1

I thought the whole point of the CC series was to come up with shirts and caps (and matching socks) that  recognize city or team nicknames, qualities, color schemes or landmarks that aren't on the conventional unis. So someone here said, "Hmmm. Baltimore. What does that call to mind beside 'Baltimore,' or 'Orioles' or 'O's' or black, orange and white? I got it! 'Baltimore.'" Brilliant. The idea that Baltimore brings to mind absolutely nothing else worth putting on a uniform would be insulting if it weren't so pathetic.

The only thing I'll say about the effect of this shirt is that by sticking to black and white it highlights and draws attention to the only orange element on it: the Nike swoosh. Nice work there.

Edited by spiritof66

17 hours ago, spiritof66 said:

I thought the whole point of the CC series was to come up with shirts and caps (and matching socks) that  recognize city or team nicknames, qualities, color schemes or landmarks that aren't on the conventional unis. So someone here said, "Hmmm. Baltimore. What does that call to mind beside 'Baltimore,' or 'Orioles' or 'O's' or black, orange and white? I got it! 'Baltimore.'" Brilliant. The idea that Baltimore brings to mind absolutely nothing else worth putting on a uniform would be insulting if it weren't so pathetic.

The only thing I'll say about the effect of this shirt is that by sticking to black and white it highlights and draws attention to the only orange element on it: the Adidas swoosh. Nice work there.

Adidas swoosh?  Nice.

1 minute ago, Snutchy said:

I'd like to see the whole uniform displayed together before I make an actual decision on if I like them or not.

I get that, but there's really not much they could do to make it look good for me.

I mean, the Mariners latest one appears to be selling amongst their fans.  Blue and gold is a good combination.  The City Connect hats they have are nice, too, a good nod to their old ones from the 80s.

What they're not selling, however, is the gross black pants they wear these jerseys with.  No, you're only buying the tops.  I mean, if I were a Mariners fan I'd seriously consider getting one of these and I'm an adult who thinks other adults wearing jerseys look like absolute dorks.  

All of that is to say, I don't care about what the socks look like, I don't care what the pants look like.  There's not much they could do to save what is a bland, boring, simply awful jersey no matter how great the pants are, no matter how interesting the socks are, no matter how great the hat is.