Yankees Series

Moose Milligan

24 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

This better not send us on a slump

As frustrating as it was to see them lose tonight, they've shown that they are resilient, much more than some of us as fans are. I fully expect them to come out tomorrow and brush this one off. 

They really need to start getting Santander and Mountcastle going though. Need some power in the middle.

I wish there was better manager strategy, like walking Judge.  I know the Bautista wanted to show he can get Judge out and that he was not scared of him.  Judge gets paid $350 mil to beat you and Bautista wanted to prove he was not afraid of Judge, but it caused a heart wretching loss.

Everyone is going to blame Bautista but a one-run lead against this lineup is not an easy save for any closer in the league. Bradish blew the three-run lead, and then the offense could only score one run after the fifth. They were close, but that’s not enough.

Let Bautista take his lumps in May. Let’s see how he responds. I will take a blown save against the NYY in May if that avoids one in October.

39 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

Everyone is going to blame Bautista but a one-run lead against this lineup is not an easy save for any closer in the league. Bradish blew the three-run lead, and then the offense could only score one run after the fifth. They were close, but that’s not enough.

Let Bautista take his lumps in May. Let’s see how he responds. I will take a blown save against the NYY in May if that avoids one in October.

Blow enough in May you won’t have to worry about October. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

I wish there was better manager strategy, like walking Judge.  I know the Bautista wanted to show he can get Judge out and that he was not scared of him.  Judge gets paid $350 mil to beat you and Bautista wanted to prove he was not afraid of Judge, but it caused a heart wretching loss.

I would like to know whst the “strategy” was if any?  Did Bautista and Rutschman just somehow not know he was coming up?  What was the plan ?  Just challenge him? 

Bautista said after the game he was tryinf to go low and away with the splitter but that he just failed to execute the pitch. 

My question for Bautista is what happened to you Slider? I would think of you don't have full command over your splitter (and even if you do), you would need a 3rd pitch you can count on to mix it up. 

In any case, it was a hard fought baseball game and sometimes you have to acknowledge the other side being good at what they do. Then come back the next day and do better.

31 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

I would like to know whst the “strategy” was if any?  Did Bautista and Rutschman just somehow not know he was coming up?  What was the plan ?  Just challenge him? 

The plan probably was to challenge him because Bautista stuck out Ohtani and tbe best the Angels had to offer, and the Orioles seemed to have throught they figured out Judge based on their September games with the Yankees last season. 

5 hours ago, oriolediehard said:

Pride goes before the fall. That was one of the worst pitches I've ever seen.

1 hour ago, Mr-splash said:

Pride goes before the fall. That was one of the worst pitches I've ever seen.

This isn't the first time he's shown no command of his splitter. That one just happened to be the absolute worst miss at the worst time to the most dangerous hitter. 

I've said this before, if Bautista can't fix his splitter, Cano just might end up the closer come July

I'm really curious as to who is available. Right now it's looking like the lefties and Baumann who are most likely to pitch. Maybe Givens too.

This is a series where I encourage the front office to do what ever it takes to reinforce the bullpen and the roster if they have some fresh arms and hot bats in Norfolk they want to call up. Maximize the chances to win.

Just now, Billy F-Face3 said:

I'm really curious as to who is available. Right now it's looking like the lefties and Baumann who are most likely to pitch. Maybe Givens too.

This is a series where I encourage the front office to do what ever it takes to reinforce the bullpen and the roster if they have some fresh arms and hot bats in Norfolk they want to call up. Maximize the chances to win.

I forgot to mention Voth is available.