Yankees Series

Moose Milligan

10 hours ago, tntoriole said:

I would like to know whst the “strategy” was if any?  Did Bautista and Rutschman just somehow not know he was coming up?  What was the plan ?  Just challenge him? 

Adley had the target low, under the strike zone. Bautista missed it. Just a bad spot to make a mistake.

12 hours ago, oriolediehard said:

I wish there was better manager strategy, like walking Judge.  I know the Bautista wanted to show he can get Judge out and that he was not scared of him.  Judge gets paid $350 mil to beat you and Bautista wanted to prove he was not afraid of Judge, but it caused a heart wretching loss.

Walking Judge makes Rizzo (another guy on an absolute tear) the game-winning run with a single swing. Bautista struck out the side, he made one mistake to one of the best hitters of the last couple of years. He didn't miss it, it happens. 

Bautista had the yips for a couple outings but has since been pretty alright, it was our best vs their best, sometimes the other team wins that battle. 

2 hours ago, NCRaven said:

Yankee Fan #1:  "Love Jeter, but A-Rod was really a better shortstop."

Yankee Fan #2 punches Yankee Fan #1 in the face.

Yankee Fan #3:  "Yo you can punch him in the face as many times as you want, but Darick Jeta was ova rated."  Come at me!

• Haha 2

On 5/23/2023 at 4:46 PM, Frobby said:

I’ll be honest, this is something of a “house money” series so far as I’m concerned.  At the outset of the road trip, I would have been satisfied with 3-3, and we already can’t do worse than that.  The only thing running counter to that is that the Yankees also won their games last weekend, so they could tie us with a sweep.  That said, of course I’m greedy and want to win all three.  But are they “must win” games?  Not really.

This might just be the stupidest post I ever wrote.   I was physically ill when we blew that game last night, and was getting totally despondent when we were down 5-1 and i was staring at the possibility we could be swept by the Yankees.  What the hell was I thinking?

Huge, huge win tonight.  Biggest of the year IMO.  So far.  

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Malike said:

On the Yankee's broadcast, Michael Kay said at the start of the 7th inning, having Nestor Cortes pitching into the 7th was everything Aaron Boone had wished for. That aged well.

It was everything that the O's had wished for. Unfortunately John Sterling wasn't doing the radio tonight. He's actually not terrible other than the home run calls