Grayson was tipping his pitches

Going Underground

“There were some things that I was doing that were a little obvious to the other teams,” Rodriguez said. “Without getting in-depth into too many things, just a minor mechanical adjustment, just to help me conceal the baseball more, keep a consistent delivery. Just keep guys on edge.”

When the 23-year-old came set in his old stance, he had his glove near his head, holding it atop the ball in his right hand. In limiting the Toronto Blue Jays to two runs and five base runners in five innings Saturday, Rodriguez lowered his glove to his chest, holding it such that it was between the batter and his right hand. After previously having a significant bend in his right knee and placing his left foot farther toward the first base side, he straightened up slightly and brought his feet closer together.

29 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Perhaps, we shall see. 

His problems were more command related to me, but maybe there was slight tipping that did not help him.

Seems like every time and Orioles pitcher gets hit a round a little bit we hear about tipping.

Yup. It’s a very convenient article. I support Grayson, but it’s 2023. These kids are handled differently nowadays. 

10 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Perhaps, we shall see. 

His problems were more command related to me, but maybe there was slight tipping that did not help him.

Seems like every time an Orioles pitcher gets hit a round a little bit we hear about tipping.

I think it's wishful thinking that that's all it is. I think all of us on here agree he needs to get his control working.