Elias Addressing Media at 4:45 Today

Orioles4Life21

Does he do press conferences to announce a prospect is coming up? Did he do it for Adley? I don’t remember. I also can’t imagine he’d do a press conference for anything negative about Mullins or his health, seems quick and if it was really serious then I’d imagine they’d defer to being private considering Mullins has been private with his health issue in the past. 

I can only think of a few things…extension (good lord that’d be cool), his resignation (wouldn’t surprise me, the owners suck), some PR stunt about the City Connect jerseys and use it as a public rallying thing, maybe some news about Camden Yards lease but I’d expect to hear that from someone else, or maybe he learned how to do the worm and wants to showcase it?

I would bet this is just a semi-regular availability in the dugout.  He has done that from time to time, sat in the dugout and taken questions.  This is probably just that, an opportunity to speak to the media at the start of a home stand, on the heels of an excellent road trip and overall start to the season.  Not sure why anyone would be thinking this is something negative, other than just to be doom and gloom.  Zero reason to think that's what this is.  If it was Cedric, I don't think Elias would call a a PC to talk about something personal.  Plus Hyde was quoted as saying they were hopeful that was just one day, which wouldn't lead one to believe its something that serious to the team.

I guess we'll see.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

It was interesting just seeing Elias in a section.     I did kind of wonder how he'd play it if there was any normal seat neighbor at a baseball stadium interaction.     I wouldn't figure most Yankee fans could pick Mike Elias out of a lineup.

Yankee hat in front of him: Ah, they stink, must be gettin lucky, right?

Seat neighbor: (nods absently)

He was trying to keep it low key so as not to arouse suspicion over his interview with the Yankee brass.

That's what his press conference is about. 🤣

I'd have to guess something with the city connect release. Perhaps announcing some charitable partnership with a group in the city or a youth baseball initiative of some kind. The City Connect jerseys were intended to promote the game to a younger audience, after all.

3 minutes ago, TommyPickles said:

I'd have to guess something with the city connect release. Perhaps announcing some charitable partnership with a group in the city or a youth baseball initiative of some kind. The City Connect jerseys were intended to promote the game to a younger audience, after all.

One in which they pledge money but don't actually give them any yet?

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, TommyPickles said:

I doubt that JA would give up the opportunity to take credit for something like that.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Maybe he's learned not to be put in a situation in which the media can ask him questions?

It's been my experience that people like the limelight more than the potential questions. Especially when the media doesn't really hold anyone to what they say.

Just now, maybenxtyr said:

It's been my experience that people like the limelight more than the potential questions. Especially when the media doesn't really hold anyone to what they say.

Just throwing it out there.

He seemed legitimately offended by folks questioning him.