Friday June 2: Orioles vs Giants to begin a new month

SteveA

13 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

I notice that Bautista gets a lot of swings on high fastballs that are not ear a strike.  I guess when you can hit 101 people start the bat early.  

Please win this Bautista.  Please

It's very hard for a hitter to lay off a good eye-level fastball. It "looks" good to hit.

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

What do you call what Melanie is doing? It's not really play by play. She just kinda chatters until the ball is in play.

It's deleterious to one's brain circuits to listen to whatever it is too closely. I think Palmer has gradually gotten more adept at containing or saving her.

With the Orioles now fielding a contending team, it's pretty embarrassing that we have Melanie calling play by play. No offense but it's amateur hour. They need to to ahead and sign Kevin Brown to a deal as the full time play by play TV guy. He's no Jon Miller or Gary Thorne but he's actually pretty good. 

Please keep Melanie and Scott Garceau out of the booth.

12 minutes ago, gtman55 said:

With the Orioles now fielding a contending team, it's pretty embarrassing that we have Melanie calling play by play. No offense but it's amateur hour. They need to to ahead and sign Kevin Brown to a deal as the full time play by play TV guy. He's no Jon Miller or Gary Thorne but he's actually pretty good. 

Please keep Melanie and Scott Garceau out of the booth.

Brown can’t call every game. They just need a better back is all. Geoff Armnold is fine I don’t know why they are using Melanie instead of him. Melanie seems like a very nice and fun person but PBP just isn’t her gig. And she should never be paired with Palmer. That combo was awful. 

20 hours ago, DEOriolesfan said:

He's doing some of the College Softball World Series games this weekend.

Hopefully he's back for the Milwaukee series on Tuesday.

I wouldn't count on that. The softball world series continues through June 8th at the earliest, or possibly June 9th.