Brewers Series

Just Regular

47 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

Gunnar back issue probably leads to Lester staying up for right now to play at 3rd if needed.  If he seems good for a week or so Cowser makes sense to come up for Lester.  

I like Lester if the O's feel like he can play 3rd adequately.  Vavra is a player without a role in the MLB.  He would've been a good NL only guy before the DH.  Right now, he's a jack of all trades, but a master of none.

Other than Mullins on the IL, this is the best position player makeup we've had this season.  Everyone has a functional role with a clear path to what their playing time will be.  Once Gunnar is healthy, then maybe Ortiz/Westburg fits better than Lester on the bench. 

I don't know what it was about Peralta's fastball but our dudes just could not touch it last night.  I can't recall the group collectively struggling against the FB like that before.  Maybe the hitting background in Milwaukee or something?  I have no idea but it was noticeable even w/o Palmer pointing it out.  That may not bode well for tonight, guess we'll see.

I would like for the Frazier as leadoff hitter experiment to end ASAP though.  Not sure who would be better there; someone mentioned Gunnar last week and that idea is growing on me, pending his return to the lineup in the first place.  Frazier batting 6-8 is ideal for him.  Of course that's also ideal for Mountcastle, O'Hearn, Urias, Hicks, and probably somebody else I'm forgetting too.....